• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

So, what about the 'Tisdale Out' Petition?

Shabba

Well-known Exeweb poster
You don't think it was the "sole" reason? Do me a favour LL, it had nothing whatsoever to do with the turnaround. More to do with the c0ck ups pre-season - Brazil trip, illness, injuries, transfer embargo etc..
We really are deluding ourselves if we think a few signatures had anything to do with our unbeaten run.
But we still had cummins and rebeiro training with us during the embargo. He still played with one up front to begin with even when the embargo was lifted.

Petition comes to light and the following week, he changes his tactics. Coincidence? Maybe. Finally realised that some fans were that fed up that they decided to sign a petition and so decided to start games on the attack, rather than the defence? Possibly.

Either way, the petition happened and things have turned around, so at least some people decided to do something.

Let's just hope that cuts are now being made to sort out this financial mess we're in now.

Lager Lout

Well-known Exeweb poster
What favour would you like FP?

I notice you didn't put cr@p tactics in your list of c0ck ups.

LL
Actually, looking at your post closer FP, can you please explain how injuries and illness fall into the category of " c0ck up" please?

Many thanks,
LL

EXMADCITY

Still say it Tisdale out

suffolklad

Still say it Tisdale out
But will you still be saying it when were in the playoffs?

EXMADCITY

lol dreamer

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
I can't believe there are still dellusional fools on here trying to claim a desperate victory with that petition.:$

geoffwp

I can't believe there are still dellusional fools on here trying to claim a desperate victory with that petition.:$
some folk like to hang on to delusional dreams Ian. I swear that IF this season continues to pick up and it becomes a good season, there will still be those who will just not be able to drop the sack the manager ethos out of sheer pride.

grecIAN Harris

some folk like to hang on to delusional dreams Ian. I swear that IF this season continues to pick up and it becomes a good season, there will still be those who will just not be able to drop the sack the manager ethos out of sheer pride.
Or ignorance......

Lager Lout

Well-known Exeweb poster
The petition made the club take notice of a group of fans' feelings at the time. What effect that has had on resent results and performances is open to debate. Some will say it had no effect, others will say it is the reason for the turnaround.

I think it is somewhere in between.

LL

Last edited:

Mackster

But most don't Geoff, they base their decisions on what they see, and 3 seasons of dross was justification enough. I'll be happy to have my mind changed, but its too early to hang out the bunting, wasn't we joint top this time last season?

The league's highest paid manager has earned his salary in the last few games, we all want that too continue.