So, Sercs or Dunney ?

budegrecian

To use one of Sturtz's quotes: 'I love Dunney, me.'
However, personally, I wouldn't swap him for Liam, although no doubt several would.
So it's Sercombe for. I thought he had a great game today.

A Slacker

To use one of Sturtz's quotes: 'I love Dunney, me.'
However, personally, I wouldn't swap him for Liam, although no doubt several would.
So it's Sercombe for. I thought he had a great game today.
Totally agree. Although Dunney will always be eld in high regard for his workrate, determination and THAT goal, Sercs was excellent today whereas Dunney looked like a limited footballer.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Totally agree. Although Dunney will always be eld in high regard for his workrate, determination and THAT goal, Sercs was excellent today whereas Dunney looked like a limited footballer.
Playing different roles. Dunne was doing a job for the team, patrolling in front of the back 4, not very prominent but an important contribution. He seems to have moved on from the headless chicken he sometimes was for us, older and wiser I guess. Sercombe looked the best he has for a while, some lung-pounding runs and a great shot that almost surprised Jonah; if he played like that game after game and his ball control was a little better he'd be playing at least a division higher up.

This should be his season. If he has a good one he can realistically look at moving on up.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Tbf, sercombe had a great game today but he needs to do that for 46 games as he's always inconsistent. Some of his runs from midfield were brilliant but just lacked the end product.

Dunne is the better player overall but he did have a quiet game today.

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
Based on today's game Sercombe all day long. Dunne was literally left for dead trying to stop Sercombe's surging runs and as usual any running he did was of the headless chicken variety.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Based on today, I would say I'm glad that Dunne is no longer part of our team.

DaveE

Different players. Sercs wasn't fit to lace Dunne's boots, I doubt much has changed.
Well if you had attended today you might have a different point of view. Dunne was meant to be protecting the back 4 for Pompey but Sercs was going by him all the time. You might have an opinion, but you need to have some perspective by actually seeing what's going on.