• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Snow for the weekend...Fingers crossed for Sheff Wed!

IBA

Not looking good for tomorrow - light snow tonight, & overnight and then heavy snow from 9am onwards and not getting above freezing until 3pm.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/sw/exeter_forecast_weather.html

Macca

Off topic - Anybody know if there has been much snow in Dawlish ? My son is supposed to be playing football there tomorrow morning, game hasn't been cancelled yet.
I'm in starcross, and just drove to Dawlish.... Quite a bit, compared to usual, about 1-2 inches of snow

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not looking good for tomorrow - light snow tonight, & overnight and then heavy snow from 9am onwards and not getting above freezing until 3pm.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/sw/exeter_forecast_weather.html
That's not quite what the forecast says. It estimates that the snow will stop after 9.00, that there will be clear skies by 12.00 (albeit cold) and for the rest of the daylight hours.

The amount of snow and type of is difficult to predict but the pitch is covered so providing the snow is not too deep in Exeter, and it stops at say 10.00, I'd say there is every chance the game can go ahead, assuming there are enough volunteers to clear the walkways and the away end.

So at least 50:50 in my view...and the club are desperate to get the game on. But wrap up warm! I'm getting my thermal long johns out.

shabbashaz

Well-known Exeweb poster
The pitch is fine, the covers are doing their job. To get the game to go ahead if we do have the snow forecasted, we need as many peeps down the park with shovels and brushes clearing the walkways. So come on, we can't let elf and safety call this off when the pitch is fine. If you can get there, then be there for 10am as stated on the OS.

Cheers

Shabba

memoman

Well-known Exeweb poster
do you get to watch it for free shabba?

shabbashaz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Have you heard of voluntary work?

memoman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Have you heard of voluntary work?
yep, did 3 months tidying up a nature reserve - Otterhead estate near Taunton! :D

exeterry

Well-known Exeweb poster
No real fresh snow here this evening so far! :D

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
No real fresh snow here this evening so far! :D
Well there certainly is in Isca at the mo Terry
Proper "Scottish snow" as they say - a mixture of light & heavy

And with a temp of about minus 2 at the mo every flake is sticking where it falls

Plus, underneath, where the earlier stuff melted a bit during the day, its like glass

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
I appreciate the pitch is covered but, assuming there's more snow, mightn't it be quite a job to get the covers off?!