• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

skysports Predicted table....

angelic upstart

Very well known Exeweb poster
I cant believe the optimism displayed here about us finishing mid table. It looks like Harley's on his way, leaving us with a squad thats been bolstered by the signing of an injury prone player, and trialists that didnt make it with other clubs. Billy Jones is an excellent signing, but as I see it, thats it. We're short quality wise in every other department except keeper. If Tisdale adds nothing more to this than what he's already got, and Harley does leave, I believe we're f*cked, and that the Sky forecast wont be that wide of the mark.
Fish.

Yawn.

Blah.

PeteUSA

Fish.

Yawn.

Blah.
Fair comment (I think) but can you see us getting anywhere near promotion to the Championship with the players that Tisdale has brought in (or let go)?

Nardiello and Noble are exciting prospects if they can stay fit, but the reason we managed to get them at all is their tendancy towards injury. We've also got some promising players in who didnt make it with other clubs, who might do better with us. We're hughly dependant on two or three youngsters stepping up to the plate as the new season approaches, and hopefully that approach will work. One of these days though, PT will drop a ******* in letting our star players go, and hoping that youngsters automatically come good.

angelic upstart

Hi Pete,

I don't see anyone saying we''ll "get near promotion" regardless of who Tis has brought in.

With regard to your comment on Tis letting our star players go and relying on youth, we're not Manchester City or Chelsea, and like every other club, we need to sell players to survive.

I do, however, note, that you have made no mention of Thompson, Krysiak and O'Flynn. Is this because none of them have "history" when it comes to injuries? Noble has had one serious injury in his career, I genuinely don't see a problem with getting a decent player on a free because he had an injury. Evidently, you do. Which is a terrible shame, because he's a very good player.

GrecianInWales

Fair comment (I think) but can you see us getting anywhere near promotion to the Championship with the players that Tisdale has brought in (or let go)?

Nardiello and Noble are exciting prospects if they can stay fit, but the reason we managed to get them at all is their tendancy towards injury. We've also got some promising players in who didnt make it with other clubs, who might do better with us. We're hughly dependant on two or three youngsters stepping up to the plate as the new season approaches, and hopefully that approach will work. One of these days though, PT will drop a ******* in letting our star players go, and hoping that youngsters automatically come good.
Pete, don't you say something like this every year. I pretty sure last year and the year before you essentially said Tisdale had let the wrong players go and we were shafted.

The only area that concerns me is defence at the moment (and contrary to what you say, I don't see Billy Jones being a quality signing). Man for man our strike force is better than last season. Thompson adds balance to the side, Noble will replace Harley assuming Harley leaves (and this is a big if).

This is one of the most balanced City squads I can remember in years. We could probably do with another centre-half though. I don't think we'll be threatening the play-offs but I can't see us looking over our shoulders though.

Take a chill pill and try changing the record.

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
Fish.

Yawn.

Blah.
i agree with the upstart

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
This is one of the most balanced City squads I can remember in years. We could probably do with another centre-half though. I don't think we'll be threatening the play-offs but I can't see us looking over our shoulders though.
What he said.

If Matt Taylor gets a bad injury before Troy A-H comes back we'll be in trouble as none of the other defenders have their presence in the air.

Otherwise we'll be OK.

A377 Lad

We avoided relegation by 10 minutes last season, yes we have improved but I can't believe how many people aren't considering relegation is even possible.

Problem is Pete, we are no longer a big fish in a small pond.

We don't have the first 'dibs' on the players who are available at our level anymore and as a result we have to take a couple of risks with regards to injured players and youth. We finished 18th last season and only when/if we find ourselves finishing higher up the league or happen to come into some serious cash wll we have the chance of competing for players who are less of a risk and more of an established name.

The only way we will finish in such a position is if we make steady progress and that's exactly what Tisdale is trying to achieve this year. Our current squad imo is quite capable of a mid-table finish and that's certainly progress enough.

Mr Jinx

I don't think we'll either be challenging for promotion or struggling to avoid relegation next season. Therefore mid table is a fairly safe bet.

Lobster Claw

I think we are more likely to be in a relagation fight than a promotion fight, but mid table does look on the cards. However as fans we do tend to look at things with are rose tinted glasses on!!