• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

skysports Predicted table....

greenawayr

Hoping Betfair will open a "to be relegated" market for League 1 as I will be laying us till the cows come home!

As for SKY pundits not knowing about players like Noble, you'd rather like to think that part of their journalism nouse would lead them to actually looking at the squad list rather than watching SSN to see the transfers in window pop up next to the lovely Millie!

Still, they source most of their transfer news on us from here so what should we expect!

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
you'd rather like to think that part of their journalism nouse would lead them to actually looking at the squad list rather than watching SSN to see the transfers in window pop up next to the lovely Millie!
When Millie is presenting, I'd have trouble knowing who Man United are at that moment in time. :p

Grecian_Jay

Very well known Exeweb poster
League 1 is very difficuly to guess this year. Much will depend on what players move before the transfer window closes.

Of the sky picks, Brighton and Notts County 5th and 6th? Seems unlikely! Also I doubt if Swindon will be in the bottom half of the table.

But betting is a mugs game...
Not so sure about that. I fancy Brighton to have a very good season, with 6th being minimum for them. I think it will be Saints, Hudders, Brighton and Peterborough to be top 4. Possibly in that order as well.

Grecian_Jay

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member

andrew p long

Sky Sports is the usual mix of predicting the same as last year (look at us staying at 18th surrounded allegedly by mostly the same bunch as last year). Plus if you're a big club you'll do well. If you haven't played at this level at all you'll finish bottom or if not for a long time you'll finish next to bottom.And if you've signed lots of new players you'll do well but badly if you haven't.

I don''t think these predictions are done by a human being.They are a 'paint by numbers' churned out by a computer.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Sky Sports is the usual mix of predicting the same as last year (look at us staying at 18th surrounded allegedly by mostly the same bunch as last year). Plus if you're a big club you'll do well. If you haven't played at this level at all you'll finish bottom or if not for a long time you'll finish next to bottom.And if you've signed lots of new players you'll do well but badly if you haven't.

I don''t think these predictions are done by a human being.They are a 'paint by numbers' churned out by a computer.
With the computer throwing in the odd curveball - last year Gillingham predicted to do well (not by me!), this year it's Bournemouth.

rich13

How are Notts County going to do that well, they got players with money that they did not have and have had to realise Schmiechal Jr, a struggle for them.

We will be at leaset 5 places higher than that prediction.

budegrecian

It's the time of season when I'm always ridiculously optimistic so: swap us with Notts County.

ecfc_1985

Not too bad a prediction. If you swap us (18) with Orient (15) and Swindon (14) with Brentford (7) its not far off what i'd expect.