• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

SJP redevelopment

Fareham Grecian

Now this may be just my advanced age, but I have just found on the last set of Trust minutes that a presentation on ground redevelopment was due to be held on 27 Jan, and after a (admittedly cursory) search on here and on the Trust site I can't find any news/feedback/discussion after the meeting?

Anyone know any more?

ralph

Is the problem that the ground redevelopment depends on getting into the championship?

News with regard to funding and in fact news of any progress at all on SJP redevelopment have been conspicuouly absent recently.

Ecfc man

Only the away end needs doing. We never fill the rest of the ground so no return on investment.

RobG

the grandstand costs a lot to maintain, and we can only keep it open for so long, that is priority.

Be nice to finally put some sides on our stands though, looks bloody stupid with gaping holes, and makes it quieter!

ecfctis

Unless we unexpectedly come across a generous benefactor, in whatever form, the ultimate redevelopment of SJP will probably remain a bit of a 'pipe dream'. We can only just about afford to keep our team in this L1 division and survive, especially with not much more than 5,500 average atttendances.
The Chiefs have help to put City down the 'pecking order' for corporation entertainment etc, etc, and ECFC must be very careful and aware of the possible predicament they are finding themselves in.
A further promotion - appears unlikely - would only create additional pressures on finances and all other resources, which imho would more than likely lead to further turmoil to survive.
If the City suits could find a missing 2 or 3,000 fans at home games then the future would look a little more optimistic, but in the immediate future not realistic!

Fareham Grecian

Don't want to appear churlish, but there have been umpteen threads expressing opinions on whether and how we should redevelop.

All I am trying to find out is if anyone knows what happened at the presentation meeting?

ecfctis

Don't want to appear churlish, but there have been umpteen threads expressing opinions on whether and how we should redevelop.

All I am trying to find out is if anyone knows what happened at the presentation meeting?
I'm only guessing, but do you not think the deafening silence reflects my sentiment in some way.

Fareham Grecian

I'm only guessing, but do you not think the deafening silence reflects my sentiment in some way.
I make you right - it would be nice though to have something official on progress (or lack of it, if that is indeed the case)...

mammooman

Che

How 'official' is that above image mammooman?