• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

SJP naming rights

KentGrecian

Up for grabs 👇

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I hope not. Though it'll always be St James Park to us.

Leads

Nooooooooooo :(

jimmy

The image they have used on the ad has a background of the gap between the ASS and Big Bank. Those that don't know SJP are not going to be too impressed with a ground with no stands!

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Up for grabs 👇

Think I'll be in the minority here but if it increases revenue I'm all for it. We need to do everything we can to continue to be competitive at this level.

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
Naming rights at SJP, might only mean individual stands.
I would like to think such a major change would be the subject of consultation rather than just an ad on LinkedIn?

Bootroom

More incompetence from our Commercial team I am afraid. How with less than 4 months are we left in this situation. I have it on authority that current sponsors certainly on the Shirt side, informed they wouldn’t be renewing months and months ago.

All very last minute and quite frankly the add on LinkedIn is incredibly unprofessional.

Colesman Ballz

It would seem that the halcyon days of a long term shirt sponsorship are over (RIP Flybe), but there could be a commercial bonanza as a result with all replica kits and clothing lines requiring rebranding. Unavoidable of course, but it will be our fans who get "hit in the pocket" during these inflationary times. When the Trust took over the Club, there were "good intentions" (as being fan owned), of avoiding the worst excesses of "milking it" but this seems to have gradually eroded over time. In this case there will be a "built in defence" from the change of sponsorship.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
It would seem that the halcyon days of a long term shirt sponsorship are over (RIP Flybe), but there could be a commercial bonanza as a result with all replica kits and clothing lines requiring rebranding. Unavoidable of course, but it will be our fans who get "hit in the pocket" during these inflationary times. When the Trust took over the Club, there were "good intentions" (as being fan owned), of avoiding the worst excesses of "milking it" but this seems to have gradually eroded over time. In this case there will be a "built in defence" from the change of sponsorship.
Agree but nobody is forcing people to buy the new shirts.

denzel

More incompetence from our Commercial team I am afraid. How with less than 4 months are we left in this situation. I have it on authority that current sponsors certainly on the Shirt side, informed they wouldn’t be renewing months and months ago.

All very last minute and quite frankly the add on LinkedIn is incredibly unprofessional.
Don't worry, online payments are down so it's cash only!