• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Shrewsbury Town v Exeter City prediction thread

vanner

Hi Vanner, I'd be happy with 2-2 and reckon it will be a decent match, where would you recommend for a pint before the match (real ale), cheers in anticipation
If you're on the train then you might find the town centre a bit problematic with regard to getting served. I don't know for sure, as I tend not to wonder around wearing other teams colours! However, there's plenty of pubs to choose from in town. If you walk directly to the ground it'll take about 45 minutes, I've added 3 pit stops for pubs I normally head to before the game. All serve real ales.

If you come out of the station, turn left and go up the hill, there's a few pubs on your left hand side. You'll then to the top of Pride Hill (Waitrose on the corner), turn left and follow the road and you'll have a subway on your left hand side. Follow that road down to the right (going past Cromwells Hotel on your right which I used to go to before the ground move, more a restaurant than pub to be fair). You'll then head down the famous Wyle Cop and you'll then need to cross the road at the bottom (before the bridge) and you'll see a restaurant called the Cornhouse, follow the pathway down and you'll go over a bridge. Go slightly to the right and straight on and you'll have a massive school on your right (Coleham), follow that road to the end, turn right and you'll find plenty of pubs along that road on the left hand side including the ones I've put on the picture. Brooklands is generally where most away fans congregate.

Hope that all made sense!

Last edited:

Avening Posse

Very well known Exeweb poster
If you're on the train then you might find the town centre a bit problematic with regard to getting served. I don't know for sure, as I tend not to wonder around wearing other teams colours! However, there's plenty of pubs to choose from in town. If you walk directly to the ground it'll take about 45 minutes, I've added 3 pit stops for pubs I normally head to before the game. All serve real ales.

If you come out of the station, turn left and go up the hill, there's a few pubs on your left hand side. You'll then to the top of Pride Hill (Waitrose on the corner), turn left and follow the road and you'll have a subway on your left hand side. Follow that road down to the right (going past Cromwells Hotel on your right which I used to go to before the ground move, more a restaurant than pub to be fair). You'll then head down the famous Wyle Cop and you'll then need to cross the road at the bottom (before the bridge) and you'll see a restaurant called the Cornhouse, follow the pathway down and you'll go over a bridge. Go slightly to the right and straight on and you'll have a massive school on your right (Coleham), follow that road to the end, turn right and you'll find plenty of pubs along that road on the left hand side including the ones I've put on the picture. Brooklands is generally where most away fans congregate.

Hope that all made sense!
Spot on Vanner, I was expecting you to say the Dog and Duck or something and leave it at that !, thanks for going the extra mile and enjoy the match

Shrewsbury have only lost once at home this season, they have got to lose there again sometime, hopefully this season. So why not City! City by the odd goal.

Last edited:

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

Mark Wakeley

Alas I cannot be there as I am overseas but after Luton not sure my nerves could stand it, what an away day. Cannot see us getting 3 points? 2-2 me thinks.

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
'Twill be another decisive City win. 2-0 according to the llama entrails.

Grecian_Jay

Was always one of my favourite away days when they played at Gay Meadow. Saw us win with a Graham Power winner if I remember correctly.

Think there will be goals in this, 3-2 City.

geoffwp

we will win. My glass is more than half full.

athenasbra

Shrewsbury 2 Exeter 0

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
3-1 to the Exeter - Cummins brace before he is substituted in the 65th minute and a solo effort from Holmes, all in the second half, not surprisingly 1-0 down at half time 5986 in attendance with 432 supporting Devon's county town. I'll wash me tea cup now