• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

should we have a banner at St James Park?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tavyred

Very well known Exeweb poster
Sometimes I really do wonder about you Tavy - we are discussing whether a banner at SJP could help folk who are in desperate need. You just seem to be spoiling for a spat. Grow up.
I posted appropriately I thought, then you started going on about French and British imperialism!!
Grow up indeed!

grecian55

Britain isn't ready for basic humanity, so it won't happen.

If there's money to be made and cronyism abound the Govenrment may take an interest.
Great point AU ,Says it all .

ECFC traveller

It's a pretty complex conflict though, with at least four different 'sides'...

Certainly a distinction has to be made between immigrant and refugee - I'm in favour of letting women, children and families in over single blokes.
We have given more in aid since 2011 than Germany, France, Italy, Austria, Poland & The Netherlands COMBINED to Syrian refugees.

Our NHS is over capacity, our infrastructure at breaking point, school kids unable to get the primary places they want and we have thousands looking for housing.

It's time countries like the UAE and Saudi Arabia etc take them in. It's not our responsibility for everything.

Only USA have given more than us (Per capita we have given more than the USA as well!!)

EDIT: Source - The financial tracking service.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3222250/How-Britain-given-aid-refugees-Germany-Netherlands-France-Italy-Hungary-Austria-Poland-COMBINED.html

Last edited:

ECFC traveller

I know my history Numb Nuts!
I was trying to put the German banners in context by suggesting that their national collective guilt (justified or otherwise) might be the reason they feel the need to publicly display their welcome for refugees/ migrants etc.
Guilt for British actions in the past is another matter......idiot!
Nothing to do with guilt, it's to do with Merkel being behind the ideology that open borders work.

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
We have given more in aid since 2011 than Germany, France, Italy, Austria, Poland & The Netherlands COMBINED to Syrian refugees.

Our NHS is over capacity, our infrastructure at breaking point, school kids unable to get the primary places they want and we have thousands looking for housing.

It's time countries like the UAE and Saudi Arabia etc take them in. It's not our responsibility for everything.

Only USA have given more than us (Per capita we have given more than the USA as well!!)

EDIT: Source - The financial tracking service.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3222250/How-Britain-given-aid-refugees-Germany-Netherlands-France-Italy-Hungary-Austria-Poland-COMBINED.html
Out of interest, Mr Traveller, how much of the world have you travelled to? Genuinely interested.

Red N

Sometimes I really do wonder about you Tavy - we are discussing whether a banner at SJP could help folk who are in desperate need. You just seem to be spoiling for a spat. Grow up.
How would a banner help? Maybe, put it on a boat to give the rickety thing a sail. Maybe some useless words, seen by bugger all in backward Devon... That will help them...maybe just a useless attempt at self publicity by people who really just have words on a football forum but in real life just sit on their arse and do nothing. If you want to do something, really do something...why not offer your own home to the refugee and then see who really gives a ****. Although not sure that some of the refugees would view that as a step up

Last edited:

ECFC traveller

Britain isn't ready for basic humanity, so it won't happen.

If there's money to be made and cronyism abound the Govenrment may take an interest.
Do you class it as basic humanity to allow people here for new teeth? Like the the family who left their kid to drown that is now all over the media?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZUuoaq1MLM&feature=youtu.be

ECFC traveller

Out of interest, Mr Traveller, how much of the world have you travelled to? Genuinely interested.
Enough. I travel abroad 2-3 times a year. And no, not to the same places.

Grecian_In_Exile

Definition of stupid, knowing the truth, seeing th
I know my history Numb Nuts!
I was trying to put the German banners in context by suggesting that their national collective guilt (justified or otherwise) might be the reason they feel the need to publicly display their welcome for refugees/ migrants etc.
Guilt for British actions in the past is another matter......idiot!
you clearly do not numb nuts for if you did you would not have posted this, you only know the history the victors us told you, now go google British Imperialsm atrocitities richard head

elginCity

Why not ?

Can't do any harm, and however unlikely, might do some good.

Status
Not open for further replies.