• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Should Exeter City remain a fan-owned club?

ex_user1234

Resigned
I think Danny is the Turkey voting for Xmas if he thinks a City model(according to EG doctrine) is ever going to listen to, or empower him in any way ! :ROFLMAO:
I've gone on record to say that I don't agree with Danny on things like moving stadium. I've also gone on record to say that I agree with many of his views on women's football. He clearly has real passion and knowledge of women's football and I think that's worth listening to for several reasons.

Pobbop

Oh FFS, I am passionately hoping that this thread has as many posts as it does because we have no football to discuss, but the bottom line here, as always is who is going to pour tons of money into our club, for no apparent reason, which would seem to be in our over 100 years of history, no-one.

And as much as I hate and despise everything to do with that Cornish green shambles down the road, if I was a zillionaire who thought ya know what big catchment area down there, maybe I could make something out of it, I would probably go for the biggest city in Western Europe not to have been in a top league with a huge ground and plenty of space around to develop, but until that happens I will keep with what we have rather than wishing for a lottery number to fall in.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
I love this type of question.

a. Stay the same
b. Change, but I won’t say how.+

+ Choosing b could result in your death, it also might not. Who knows. Vote anyway.
Yeah Ed. The least you could do is go and get yourself a bus and paint some lies on the side. You're not even trying.

ex_user1234

Resigned
Yeah Ed. The least you could do is go and get yourself a bus and paint some lies on the side. You're not even trying.
More personal attacks. I can almost smell the fear.

ex_user1234

Resigned
Oh FFS, I am passionately hoping that this thread has as many posts as it does because we have no football to discuss, but the bottom line here, as always is who is going to pour tons of money into our club, for no apparent reason, which would seem to be in our over 100 years of history, no-one.

And as much as I hate and despise everything to do with that Cornish green shambles down the road, if I was a zillionaire who thought ya know what big catchment area down there, maybe I could make something out of it, I would probably go for the biggest city in Western Europe not to have been in a top league with a huge ground and plenty of space around to develop, but until that happens I will keep with what we have rather than wishing for a lottery number to fall in.
According to Wikipedia, the population of Exeter is around 131,000. The population of Ipswich is not much more than that. I wonder if their fans also have such a defeatist attitude?

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
Ed

With respect you still haven't completed the question that you yourself posed.

Who or what is the alternative to fan ownership that you want the 'people of Exeter' to have a say as to whether to go for?

ex_user1234

Resigned
Ed

With respect you still haven't completed the question that you yourself posed.

Who or what is the alternative to fan ownership that you want the 'people of Exeter' to have a say as to whether to go for?
With respect, it is a fully formed question.

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
With respect, it is a fully formed question.
It isn't. You are asking people to choose between the status quo and something else without defining the something else. That is not a question.

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
According to Wikipedia, the population of Exeter is around 131,000. The population of Ipswich is not much more than that. I wonder if their fans also have such a defeatist attitude?
Ipswich average home crowd in 2018/19 was just under 18,000. The Club has a history of playing at a higher level than City. That level of support makes it hard to survive in the Championship.

If we were able to get to the Championship how would we compete with a ground capacity under 9,000 ?

Perhaps the defeatists you refer to might more reasonably be described as realists ?

What do you think of that ed ?

ex_user1234

Resigned
It isn't. You are asking people to choose between the status quo and something else without defining the something else. That is not a question.
"Should Exeter City remain a fan-owned club?" is a fully formed question. Just like "Should Dominic Cummings be sacked?" is a fully formed question.