• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Should Exeter City remain a fan-owned club?

ex_user1234

Resigned
It's been 20 years since The Trust took over the ownership of Exeter City football club.

I believe it is time to ask the people of Exeter whether they want a fan-owned club or not.

Ed

GJW

Yes, 100%. Next.....

but I am not ‘the people of Exeter’ so my view probably does not count.

Last edited:

Pobbop

Yes, and anyone that can remember the situation then, and the situation now, without a grudge (yeah sorry mate I didn't vote for you), will answer only one way.

Legohead

Banned
Yes. 100%. The day that we aren't is the day I pack in with football altogether. I'm not a person of Exeter but i am a trust member. :)

Last edited:

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
Do we really need ANOTHER thread on this topic???

By golly, those sour grapes from "Chateau Ed" are certainly producing copious quantities of whine.

lamrobhero

The question is best discussed in relation to an alternative proposal. Come on Ed don't be shy.

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
It's been 20 years since The Trust took over the ownership of Exeter City football club.

I believe it is time to ask the people of Exeter whether they want a fan-owned club or not.

Ed
Define the 'people of Exeter'

Surely it should be known fans of Exeter City.

And if you are going to ask the question, then you need to offer a realistic alternative.

Should Exeter City be owned by

A) The ECFC Supporters Trust
B) (fill in the blank)

Each side then sets out its manifesto and it can be put to the vote.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Absolutely it should be fan owned.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
No, it hasn’t. The Trust took ownership of the club in 2003.

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Yes, until there is a concrete offer from an alternative to buy the shares owned by the Trust wherein the question can be properly asked and considered in lines with the prospective new owners plans.