• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Serena Williams

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
The WTA have not backed the umpire but instead agreed with Serena and her line that men and women are treated differently. Quite shocking! I'd hope that all umpires now refuse to officiate tennis until the WTA apologies for slur.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
The WTA have not backed the umpire but instead agreed with Serena and her line that men and women are treated differently. Quite shocking! I'd hope that all umpires now refuse to officiate tennis until the WTA apologies for slur.
Yes, it seems that players and associations are all defending Serena, whereas not a word for the lass Osaka, who comes across as am extremely humble person.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Prima Donna's always need to be the centre of attention , even when they are losers.

Look at the annoying woman on Big Brother until she got caught out then it was all tears and saying sorry to the guy she accused of punching her.

IndoMike

1. Apparently the umpire Ramos rubbed Nadal up the wrong way at the French Open, too, i.e he is not sexist - he's just strict.
2. Serena was deducted a point due to coaching : her coach admitted he was coachng
3. She was deducted a point for breaking equipment in anger
4. She called the umpire a cheat and a liar and was correctly deducted a game
5. The worst thing was her stealing the limelight from Osaka, who was an angel compared to Serena

Stelios

Isn’t she a black woman who’s recently had a baby? She makes sure she tells us in every single interview she gives.
Oh she's had a baby? If only she'd told us.

She's a brilliant tennis player but complete pyschopath. How anyone can't see through this charade is beyond me. She cannot accept losing. Obviously this makes her a great winner but also a terrible sportswoman. When she starts to lose or isn't playing well she has a meltdown to try to put off her opponent. It's a well known tactic that normally works. She has a whole history of abusing officials (as do many players). This wasn't a one off.

What she did on the court was completely and utterly wrong. To turn this into a 'debate' about race and gender is insane but I've heard people queuing up all day to defend her. If you want to point out all the other inconsistencies in world tennis, fine. But what she did was wrong and she was given the correct punishment. The WTA are a disgrace. They're scared of her money and influence.

I hope the umpires go on strike. Draw up a new code of conduct if needs be and apply the rules consistently but the umpire was in the right. She was in the wrong.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
It will be down to the baby blues that she erupted like she did.

Stelios

Good video here of Serena fighting for women's rights and equality:

https://twitter.com/fleccas/status/1038690267941953536

Edit: Notice the scores in the games during the outbursts.

Last edited:

IndoMike

It's gonna make it extremely difficult for men to umpire women's tennis matches in the future : the players will be the boss and the umpire will be intimidated.

fred binneys head

Maybe it was just her time of the month.

Avening Posse

Since we are speculating, maybe she isn't getting any currently ?, I know that can affect my mood B-)