• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Seasonal Affective Disorder(SAD)

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
In his last post on 1/8 he self banned himself after a spat with Hants. Shame, I rather liked Lego.
Poor bloke was always looking for answers that we couldn't give, I think he might of come on here for reassurance in these times. I hope he and his family are ok.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Shortest day, longest night. There's light at the end of the tunnel, though now we have 3 months of winter to get throiugh.

Happy winter solstice, we should make it a festival and celebrate.

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
Supposed to be a once in 800 year sighting of Jupiter and Saturn tonight
Typically, it is chucking it down

Just have to wait for the next time I guess.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Supposed to be a once in 800 year sighting of Jupiter and Saturn tonight
Typically, it is chucking it down

Just have to wait for the next time I guess.
I saw it last night while unloading a lorry. I was initially confused as to why the North Star was so low, then a bit later saw a a fainter light next to it. Checked other people's pictures online and confirmed that it was the two planets. I normally miss out on these sort of things!

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Today was one of these days. Dark and it's rained for most of the day. At least I finished at 1.30pm so did get to see some daylight. My Sat Nav thought it was night time until I got to Aldershot when it brightened up in to daytime mode.

manc grecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
Been outside at work most of the day. Its grey and dismal but grateful for the unlimited fresh air I get whilst at work.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Got out with the dog for a couple of hours yesterday and even got to chop some logs. Today it's been dark all day with a rain, sleet, snow and mizzle combo. Know which one I prefer.

Had enough of winter now.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Had enough of winter now.
We're into mid-January, and February is a short month. Not that long till March!

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
We're into mid-January, and February is a short month. Not that long till March!
That's the spirit (y)

IBA

Interesting report that in Northern Norway where there is very little light in the winter SAD is unheard of.