• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Season tickets - 2022/23 - on sale

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
I've often wondered whether it's a good thing or not having a high number of season ticket holders. I understand the need for money during the summer, but this also means people aren't paying during the regular season, plus of course all those season ticket holders are paying substantially less than POTG customers.

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
I've often wondered whether it's a good thing or not having a high number of season ticket holders. I understand the need for money during the summer, but this also means people aren't paying during the regular season, plus of course all those season ticket holders are paying substantially less than POTG customers.
All a balancing act.

Billtong

Going mental at wembley row 131 between seats 234-
What would be interesting is looking at the percentages of seats and standing sold in comparison to total capacity, one thing looking at season tickets is the lack of potential pay on the day seating in prime areas of the ground may pressure people into buying a season ticket to ensure "a good seat". Certain areas of seating will sell out first, personally I like the flexibility of pay on the day or a few weeks in advance but to guarantee a "good seat" , a season ticket is looking the best option to sit in an an area you know people once again the community aspect of football. So I think there will be plenty of games where possible seat sales will be negatively impacted by season ticket holders not turning up, even at sold out games. The season ticket issue needs to incentivise reselling of season ticket seats such as £18 back to seat holder if they notify they won't be attending and the seat is resold? The club makes £10 per pay on the day seat sold and the season ticket holder covers the price of equivalent early bird price?

Billtong

Something like that would ensure more pay on the day seats available, so have seated season tickets gone up over previous seasons and standing remained similar?

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm sure its been mentioned in the past but have the club looked into Direct Debit payments for ST's?

This could be done offering a package to pay over 10 months, 8 months or 4 months making it easier on the fans to budget and the club to have regular cashflow throughout the season.

It may also attract a younger fanbase who ordinarily may struggle to pay the upfront costs.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I'm sure its been mentioned in the past but have the club looked into Direct Debit payments for ST's?

This could be done offering a package to pay over 10 months, 8 months or 4 months making it easier on the fans to budget and the club to have regular cashflow throughout the season.

It may also attract a younger fanbase who ordinarily may struggle to pay the upfront costs.
Or could we set up a credit union to help fans pay for season tickets? Although that doesn't help the U18s.

Billtong

Something I think that could be looked at is a voucher scheme, similar to early bird in price where you get two seasons to use vouchers for 23 home games, no refunds. So people that can't make it to all games, maybe due to shift work etc can get better value, but no reserved seats like a season ticket etc you pick from what seating is available per match eg vacant season ticket holders seats and unsold seating.

tonykellowfan

I think 7 days before each game there should be a dutch auction of available seats followed by a lottery draw based on postcode, any unsold should then be put on ebay at 25p price increments.

I mean why can't the club do something simple like that to help the fans?

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster