• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Season tickets - 2022/23 - on sale

Red Nose

My first post for an age, but frequent lurker. I wanted to get a thread going about season tickets and I'd be interested in what others think.

This is the first season where my son and I have had season tickets. We have seats in the Stanno stand and the experience has been great. We've got to know a few regulars around us which is nice and having good seats near the top and towards the halfway line enhances the experience.

A quick scan around other clubs does suggest however that our prices are typically higher than elsewhere. I paid £414 for an adult ticket and £99 for my 6 year old at the early bird. At Mansfield (for example) seats cost £375 and £0 for under 7's. Cardiff is £329 + £49 (seating along the side).

The number of re-arranged games this season has been particularly frustrating, primarily because my son cannot attend evening matches (his bedtime is 7.30pm and there's no way mum his letting him go to to SJP on a school night, although I may force the issue if the Barrow game is critical! :)). Add in a couple of other matches we've missed for Covid and being away, and the season ticket is suddenly looking less good value.

So I'm already wondering whether we should re-new for next season, particularly given the excellent Junior Grecians ticket offer whereby kids get free tickets with full paying adults. The disadvantage of those tickets are that the seats are not so well positioned (which is important for the young'uns as their attention is lost when the ball is down the other end). I already know there's a few Saturday's that I'll miss next season, so again the value is diminished.

What I would really like the Club to do, is offer season ticket holder credit for games that they cannot attend, which could be spent on future tickets/merchandise and even in the food kiosks/bars. That would make season tickets much more appealing to everyone. It would keep the money in the club and allow the club to sell on the tickets again.

I didn't intend for this to sound like a moan, rather I wanted to put forward an idea that I know other clubs already apply. I guess the context is important.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Just put some monies in a savings account from my bonus in anticipation of early bird access will be soon. I'm expecting an increase but hopefully not too great.

I miss too many games to make it worthwhile but like being in the gold priority group.

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Had a reminder this time last season, so am wondering why it seems to be a bit late this season, to ask for renewals and early birds.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Had a reminder this time last season, so am wondering why it seems to be a bit late this season, to ask for renewals and early birds.
I thought it was end of April last season?

Matt Russell

Just put some monies in a savings account from my bonus in anticipation of early bird access will be soon. I'm expecting an increase but hopefully not too great.

I miss too many games to make it worthwhile but like being in the gold priority group.
Being a season ticket holder has no bearing on Gold priority status.

Spoonz Red E

My first post for an age, but frequent lurker. I wanted to get a thread going about season tickets and I'd be interested in what others think.

This is the first season where my son and I have had season tickets. We have seats in the Stanno stand and the experience has been great. We've got to know a few regulars around us which is nice and having good seats near the top and towards the halfway line enhances the experience.

A quick scan around other clubs does suggest however that our prices are typically higher than elsewhere. I paid £414 for an adult ticket and £99 for my 6 year old at the early bird. At Mansfield (for example) seats cost £375 and £0 for under 7's. Cardiff is £329 + £49 (seating along the side).

The number of re-arranged games this season has been particularly frustrating, primarily because my son cannot attend evening matches (his bedtime is 7.30pm and there's no way mum his letting him go to to SJP on a school night, although I may force the issue if the Barrow game is critical! :)). Add in a couple of other matches we've missed for Covid and being away, and the season ticket is suddenly looking less good value.

So I'm already wondering whether we should re-new for next season, particularly given the excellent Junior Grecians ticket offer whereby kids get free tickets with full paying adults. The disadvantage of those tickets are that the seats are not so well positioned (which is important for the young'uns as their attention is lost when the ball is down the other end). I already know there's a few Saturday's that I'll miss next season, so again the value is diminished.

What I would really like the Club to do, is offer season ticket holder credit for games that they cannot attend, which could be spent on future tickets/merchandise and even in the food kiosks/bars. That would make season tickets much more appealing to everyone. It would keep the money in the club and allow the club to sell on the tickets again.

I didn't intend for this to sound like a moan, rather I wanted to put forward an idea that I know other clubs already apply. I guess the context is important.
I'd definitely suggest forwarding these ideas to [email protected]

The ticketing system we have now is more flexible than the one we had previously.
I can't promise your ideas will be taken up (that's for others to decide) but I do think they are positive food for thought and deserve consideration.

lamrobhero

Being a season ticket holder has no bearing on Gold priority status.
Season ticket holders also receive ... and access to priority tickets for all cup matches at St James Park.

Maybe not exactly the same thing as gold priority status

Matt Russell

Season ticket holders also receive ... and access to priority tickets for all cup matches at St James Park.

Season ticket holders get guaranteed access to their own seat/BB space. Just their own though, no priority access beyond this.

Andy_H

That's so that they can sit in 'their' seat if they so wish, if not 'claimed' by a set date then it goes into the pot with all non season ticket seats for general sale.

iscalad

I thought it was end of April last season?
My bad. I see I renewed on the 30th April 2021