• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Season tickets 2020/21 (and refunds for 2019/20)

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Some interesting decisions to be made on what to do for next season. Normally we would have heard soon about the prices, and then the sale of the early bird tickets. All good money to help the Club ticking over in the summer months.

rp42

How can the club expect us to purchase season tickets for 20/21 when we have not completed this season and with many out of work and what is going on is in poor taste in my opinion.

Legohead

Banned
How can the season even start when we don't know if we'll still be confined to our houses in August? In the club's defence they need to still run as a business and they are thinking ahead but I can't see how the world can get back to normal within the space of 4 months let alone football being played.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
How can the club expect us to purchase season tickets for 20/21 when we have not completed this season and with many out of work and what is going on is in poor taste in my opinion.
Where has it been discussed?

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
The club recognises the difficulties that everybody is facing. Nick Hawker made specific reference to this in the recent Trust newsletter. For every person that considers this request to be "in poor taste" there will be people willing and able to take up the club's offer of a new season ticket. If that is the case, then that has to be a good thing to keep our club going during these difficult times.

rp42

Where has it been discussed?
Had a email from the Trust today.

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
Wording from the Trust Newsletter is below;

Week in week out so many members and supporters of Exeter City FC show their appreciation and love of the Club. In fairness, this is usually aimed at the players and the team. Of course, we all know that when we turn up at SJP for a match, a whole lot of work has gone into making it possible. Retail, ticket sales, commercial, finance, HR, maintenance and many others... everybody plays their part. This is more true today than ever. With no matches our backroom friends continue to make preparations, to be ready for when the season restarts.
St James Park went into lock-down immediately following the postponement of our match against Salford City. The club have kept just a few critical staff manning the offices but most are working from home. As well as the normal day to day they have preparing for the 2020/21 season ticket launch and keeping us all entertained via social media. Normally, these folk go largely unnoticed but today, I have to extend a huge 'thank you' to them! The work they have achieved from out of the office has been phenomenal. If you feel it appropriate then please, get on to social media and show your thanks on ECFC accounts for their ongoing efforts. #OfficialECFC, #ECFC, #onegreciangoal, @exetercityfc

Carpetright - New front of shirt sponsors
I am sure you will all be aware by now that our brilliant Commercial Department have secured a fantastic new front of shirt sponsors for next season! Carpetright!
Wilf Walsh, CEO of Carpetright, said: “We’re pleased to be sponsoring Exeter City FC and we have committed to supporting them for the next three years. The supporter-owned club plays a vital role in the local community and we’re glad to be able to play a part in their continued success.”
Wilf, who was born in Exeter, is an IP stand season ticket holder and Supporters’ Trust member, along with his son Harry.
As part of the deal Carpetright has agreed sponsorship towards the running of Exeter City Women. They will also be launching a UK-wide initiative to support grassroots clubs. The campaign, which will see the company making a £500 donation every time Exeter City win a game, will invite sports clubs to apply on social media using #wewinyouwin.
The Exeter City Supporters Trust extend a very warm welcome to you!

STARS Update
At the beginning of this season the Trust agreed to raise £12,000 toward helping our Academy. We were going so well!!! Over 8 months we raised £11,000. However, with games and fund raising opportunities currently suspended the Trust Board have agreed to donate the additional £1,000 needed to ensure the Academy did not lose out!
Our thanks go to every one who has contributed by donating money, by buying badges, raffle tickets or attending events including our 5 -aside tournament last June, our Music Quiz & Supporters' Dinner.
The whole ECFC family has come together, individual supporters, Supporter Groups, Corporate members & local businesses, with of course huge support from our Club staff.

Season Tickets
The Club are due to send out the 2020/21 season ticket details toward the end of this week. In the current climate you might well imagine that every football club is currently feeling the pinch cash-flow wise so please, can I encourage you to renew your season tickets as soon as possible. I completely understand the difficulties that this might present but for those who are able, it has the potential to make a huge difference at this moment in time!

Exeter City Community Trust
Our friends at Exeter City Community Trust are fortunate to have built great relationships with schools, their staff and pupils across Devon and would therefore like to offer their services free of charge to support them and their staff during this challenging time. Naturally this will depend on their own staff resources.
It may be that we could provide some football or multisport sessions, or perhaps lessons themed around keeping healthy – both mentally and physically – based on the Premier League Primary Stars curriculum-linked activities while you are staying open to support vulnerable children and the children of key workers.
Please be assured that all school delivery staff are DBS checked and will comply to the requirements of your setting.
Please email Catherine White on [email protected] if you think they can help you with the above suggestions, or in any way at all.

...and finally!
Some members have been asking how they can help the club during this time. There is a donate button on the GLITNIR ticketing system where you can make one-off donations. The Trust will ensure that donations made between now and the restart of the season will go directly toward helping the club! You can help out here!
As always we welcome your feedback and input, so please do contact us via [email protected].
Kindest regards
Nick Hawker, Chairman

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
The club recognises the difficulties that everybody is facing. Nick Hawker made specific reference to this in the recent Trust newsletter. For every person that considers this request to be "in poor taste" there will be people willing and able to take up the club's offer of a new season ticket. If that is the case, then that has to be a good thing to keep our club going during these difficult times.
Got my annual bonus today so have the cash ready to go :)

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
Got my annual bonus today so have the cash ready to go :)
I don't usually buy a season ticket, as I tend to pay on the gate (as the club is better off) but I will probably get one this time around to offer some upfront support (no I am not about to rival Bowman or Ajose upfront before anyone asks :))

i8cornwall

Said I wouldn’t renew if we didn’t go up, sadly didn’t see a world wide pandemic at the time (though who did) so will probably renew now to help the club.