• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Season tickets 2020/21 (and refunds for 2019/20)

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Hey! What's this argument got to do with me!?
Dear old Pate got dragged in too Indo

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Dear old Pate got dragged in too Indo
Yes 😆

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
My thoughts against some of DannyRed's points are outlined below;

1) You shouldn’t rely on Just positive comments as constructive criticism is something you can sometimes learn from too.
Agreed, however it is not clear that the club has ever received any constructive criticism direct. I certainly haven't read anything on here that might constitute constructive criticism.

2) There are a number of things that have improved but we keep playing the small club card which is so negative.
I strongly disagree with this. Whether you like it or not, we are a small club and "playing" this card is arguably a sensible move. It helps foster a "them v us" mentality and helps galvanise support for the club, which is currrently operating in a economic context that weighs heavily against it. This is not conjecture but down-right fact. There are also plenty of metrics that could be used to argue the approach tha the club is taking is working.

3) Marketing needs to be globally not just locally as it seems, look at why a club supposedly owned by the fans has just 3000 members ?
I think you are confusing marketing with advertising. I would argue that marketing is about positioning the club's brand in a way that makes it easier to sell its core product. It would seem that there is not much point being "global" in your approach unless this is going help achieve your stated aim.

4) You mentioned the ladies team ? For someone in marketing shouldn’t you use the correct word used as Women’s team. When marketing a family club you should also focus on the women’s team too and look at the huge rise in the women’s game from big sponsors, marketing them could help us rise above everyone in the south west and benefits the whole club.
This has been done to death on Exeweb, so I don't propose to comment on this any further.

5) I don’t doubt that you don’t work hard.
Is this a double negative? Presumably you are not suggesting that the media team don't work hard.

6) Anyhow I still think the clubs timing was wrong on announcing season tickets.
This is your prerogative. However, there are plenty of people who disagree with you. This would seem to constitute evidence that the decision in itself was not wholly unjustified.

Andy Holloway

We also had an 'Alaskan Grecians' branch some years ago.
I'll ask Hants to post the posters for the 3 branches of The Alaskan Grecians major recruitment drive from August 2006.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'll ask Hants to post the posters for the 3 branches of The Alaskan Grecians major recruitment drive from August 2006.
"Alaska if she wants to come to the game"?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

Dannyred

My thoughts against some of DannyRed's points are outlined below;

1) You shouldn’t rely on Just positive comments as constructive criticism is something you can sometimes learn from too.
Agreed, however it is not clear that the club has ever received any constructive criticism direct. I certainly haven't read anything on here that might constitute constructive criticism.

2) There are a number of things that have improved but we keep playing the small club card which is so negative.
I strongly disagree with this. Whether you like it or not, we are a small club and "playing" this card is arguably a sensible move. It helps foster a "them v us" mentality and helps galvanise support for the club, which is currrently operating in a economic context that weighs heavily against it. This is not conjecture but down-right fact. There are also plenty of metrics that could be used to argue the approach tha the club is taking is working.

3) Marketing needs to be globally not just locally as it seems, look at why a club supposedly owned by the fans has just 3000 members ?
I think you are confusing marketing with advertising. I would argue that marketing is about positioning the club's brand in a way that makes it easier to sell its core product. It would seem that there is not much point being "global" in your approach unless this is going help achieve your stated aim.

4) You mentioned the ladies team ? For someone in marketing shouldn’t you use the correct word used as Women’s team. When marketing a family club you should also focus on the women’s team too and look at the huge rise in the women’s game from big sponsors, marketing them could help us rise above everyone in the south west and benefits the whole club.
This has been done to death on Exeweb, so I don't propose to comment on this any further.

5) I don’t doubt that you don’t work hard.
Is this a double negative? Presumably you are not suggesting that the media team don't work hard.

6) Anyhow I still think the clubs timing was wrong on announcing season tickets.
This is your prerogative. However, there are plenty of people who disagree with you. This would seem to constitute evidence that the decision in itself was not wholly unjustified.
1) I am fairly certain that some within the club read this forum.

2) That’s the problem 50 years ago we were a small club and 50 years later we are still a small club and with the same mentality we will always be the small club.

So Plymouth are the Big club in Devon and you accept that as we are only a small club.

You accept that many big companies would not be interested in small clubs with no ambition.

Exeter Chiefs had ambition and continue to have ambition to be better and bigger growing the brand.

After 50 years supporting the club we own less now than we did back then.

3) Disagree with you as we don’t know how to market Exeter City as a Brand.

4) Clearly shows your not supportive of the women’s team as you had nothing to say.

5) I agree they work hard.

6) I can tell you that there are people who clearly think the club should of held back for now.

I am wondering if you thought that Taggy is right about moving from SJP ?

Matt Russell

On point Six.
I can tell you that there are people who clearly think the club should not have held back for now. Differing opinions, innit.

Scott_Palfrey

1) I am fairly certain that some within the club read this forum.

2) That’s the problem 50 years ago we were a small club and 50 years later we are still a small club and with the same mentality we will always be the small club.

So Plymouth are the Big club in Devon and you accept that as we are only a small club.

You accept that many big companies would not be interested in small clubs with no ambition.

Exeter Chiefs had ambition and continue to have ambition to be better and bigger growing the brand.

After 50 years supporting the club we own less now than we did back then.

3) Disagree with you as we don’t know how to market Exeter City as a Brand.

4) Clearly shows your not supportive of the women’s team as you had nothing to say.

5) I agree they work hard.

6) I can tell you that there are people who clearly think the club should of held back for now.

I am wondering if you thought that Taggy is right about moving from SJP ?
When we meet we can discuss how you interpret marketing Exeter City as a ‘brand’ for sure.

The club finally has a strong identity after years of no-one bringing together what we stand for, our values and beliefs and a look and feel to everything we do that is ‘Exeter City’ - there is a lot of work to do to keep building this but as a brand the club is getting stronger

Dannyred

When we meet we can discuss how you interpret marketing Exeter City as a ‘brand’ for sure.

The club finally has a strong identity after years of no-one bringing together what we stand for, our values and beliefs and a look and feel to everything we do that is ‘Exeter City’ - there is a lot of work to do to keep building this but as a brand the club is getting stronger
What do the club stand for and what are the values and beliefs out of interest.