• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Season Ticket Holders.

Matt Russell

Martin is right in that the club does not know, or can not see the future.
What the club does know is whether it views iFollow pass redemptions as a substitute. It knows this now and it should clearly say if this is its thinking.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
How can you class the option of an iFollow pass as a substitution. I haven’t bothered with it. Having been a season ticket holder for more years than I remember now and having spoken to a few others who share the same opinions. I have always understood that purchasing a season ticket was to help the club during the close season. Where if as you say the Club doesn’t technically have to give you a refund in part or full then in truth we have provided a £300+ donation.
Has the club refused you a refund?

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Martin is right in that the club does not know, or can not see the future.
What the club does know is whether it views iFollow pass redemptions as a substitute. It knows this now and it should clearly say if this is its thinking.
This is part of what the Club wrote to Season Ticket holders three weeks ago (my emphasis). I'm not sure what more they can tell us at present, given the situation they face is so confused, but it's clear that they do recognise that iFollow is not a complete substitute for attending matches, just the best they can deliver.

We will continue to monitor the situation and take guidance from the government and relevant authorities, while diligently working to deliver our plans to create a COVID safe environment ready for your return when the situation changes. Whilst we fully appreciate it is not the same experience, I do hope that you were able to access the Port Vale match on ifollow.

As a club we will work on how we recognise the difference in value of the product that you have purchased and that which we are able to provide with a view to offering suitable compensation or benefits.

I appreciate this may not suit everyone; however, we are looking at all the options we can provide within the limitations we have. We will continue to monitor how we can offer other compensations or benefits to you.

City_Slicker

First things need to be clarified as one of the previous poster has stated "What the club does know is whether it views iFollow pass redemptions as a substitute. It knows this now and it should clearly say if this is its thinking."

Also, if you were to purchase each home match as an iFollow video pass it is £10 - so over the season this works out cheaper than your season ticket?

Regarding the club offering a refund why don't the club send out a press release with their intentions - worst case/best case scenarios. Who knows they could be pleasantly surprised at the response they glean from supporters.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
First things need to be clarified as one of the previous poster has stated "What the club does know is whether it views iFollow pass redemptions as a substitute. It knows this now and it should clearly say if this is its thinking."

The text I quoted above does just that. They are not a substitute, but the best the Club can do at present.

Also, if you were to purchase each home match as an iFollow video pass it is £10 - so over the season this works out cheaper than your season ticket?

But you can't normally watch Saturday games on iFollow.

Regarding the club offering a refund why don't the club send out a press release with their intentions - worst case/best case scenarios. Who knows they could be pleasantly surprised at the response they glean from supporters.

I'd hope next week they can do just that (though they should presumably message ST holders first or at least at the same time). But a present, given the uncertainties, what can they say other than repeat the message from late September?

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
I presume they were waiting for an EFL decision. But it will get harder from next Saturday after two more home games, we will then be almost at 20% for the season.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
I presume they were waiting for an EFL decision. But it will get harder from next Saturday after two more home games, we will then be almost at 20% for the season.
Agreed. It's all going to get harder with every passing week.

"If I were you, I wouldn't start from here"

City_Slicker

Well another week gone and still no statement from the Club regarding this.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Well another week gone and still no statement from the Club regarding this.
Maybe by the time the club make a decision about ifollow passes being a substitute it will be too late to get a full refund and will only get half the S/T value back.

Matt Russell

The club do not seem to realise what bad PR this is. Openness is always a good starting point.