• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Season Ticket Holders.

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
IF all games are going to be played next season why should you get a discount ?
To make up for not being able to go for some of this season

City_Slicker

I think we should have four options:

1. A refund on this seasons ticket - thus meaning if you wish to purchase one for next season you will have to forgo any early-bird discount and buy it at the correct rate.

2. Rollover this years season ticket until next year.

3. Donate of the value of the season ticket this year and be entitled to the early-bird pricing next year.

4. If limited crowds are allowed back in at any stage this season - ticket holders will have first option. Then at the end of the season work out how may games were attended by the individual to work out a refund. Then give the option to donate the money or not.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
To make up for not being able to go for some of this season
If you get a full refund this year you want a discount on next years ?

@ City_Slicker I think I would got for option 2 Take my whole S/T now onto next season and I'll buy as and when for this year as a priority member !

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
If you get a full refund this year you want a discount on next years ?

@ City_Slicker I think I would got for option 2 Take my whole S/T now onto next season and I'll buy as and when for this year as a priority member !
What refund. I've never said I want a refund

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

Matt Russell

Yep, that looks like the club statement on season tickets so far.

City_Slicker

With the announcement from the Government yesterday updating the latest recommendations for COVID-19 epidemic I am pondering what will the situation hold for people who purchased season tickets? I think a lot of people accepted the idea of iFollow and the e-programme as a form of compensation in the short-term but now we are talking about nearly 2/3rds of the season behind closed doors should the Club going to look at this again.

I realise that the Club is going to come under enormous financial pressure during this crisis but I also know a lot of season-ticket holders are facing hardship at this time and for some the outlay is significant. I would imagine a lot of people would have thought twice if they new the possible longevity of the COVID-19 situation and now with the government talking about another six months before crowds are allowed back I would suggest many would have thought long and hard about renewing.

Some will say it isn't the Clubs fault but many people are struggling.

I realise this situation is unprecedented but in view of the latest Government regulations/recommendations I just think it would be wise for the Club to come out with a statement regarding this - and potentially a PR coup if handled correctly.
Well another week has passed and still no updates on this matter. Not good for a club that prides itself on its relationship with its fans.

Boyo

Well another week has passed and still no updates on this matter. Not good for a club that prides itself on its relationship with its fans.
I'm also disappointed by the silence. My sense is that the club view iFollow passes as a replacement for missed matches. The argument is not too dis-similar to universities who are charging full price to students to learn online.

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
The lack of a statement is simply because the club doesn't know. Yes, the club could come out and communicate its aspirations. However, a lot could happen in the short and medium term, which could prevent the club from delivering those aspirations.

My take on the legalities here, is that the club is not legally obliged to offer season tickets refunds. Whilst it may want to offer refunds to those that want one (at the end of the season), it may well not be in the financial position to do so (depending on what the economic landscape looks like then). If the worst were to happen, the directors would be legally required to act in the best interest of the company, and therefore it could be that they end up reneging on any promises that might be made. It is for this reason, I don't envy the club or those who are charged with making the big decisions.

City_Slicker

How can you class the option of an iFollow pass as a substitution. I haven’t bothered with it. Having been a season ticket holder for more years than I remember now and having spoken to a few others who share the same opinions. I have always understood that purchasing a season ticket was to help the club during the close season. Where if as you say the Club doesn’t technically have to give you a refund in part or full then in truth we have provided a £300+ donation.