• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Season Ticket Holders.

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
[QUOTE="Grecian26, post: 1919632, member: 15370" I will admit that I don't think anyone expected us to still be in the middle of a pandemic at this time, but it was always a distinct possibility
[/QUOTE]

I very much agree with your post, however it wasn't just a distinct possibility but a certainty. Throughout this year it's amazed me how many people I've heard talk about the pandemic as if it's going to be some short lived thing, when all evidence pointed towards no proper resolution until we get vaccinated. Like suppressing the virus through lockdown had somehow killed it off and then acting like everything was normal again. Weird.

Pete Martin (CTID)

As my dear ol' mum used to say, "Patience is a virtue".

Matt Russell

Bloody hell haha, that particular ST holder would go from hero to literally getting free matches and a shirt on ifollow :D :D Unlikely course of action I'd say
Of course it is unlikely.
Knowledge is key!

Avening Posse

Yes of course it does. That is not the issue in law. The key is whether the club breached its terms of sale and if it did, was there a defence in law.
Probably shouldn’t stick my tuppenceworth in here not being a ST holder and living abroad, but that potential route would be a sure fire way of getting negative publicity and a big reduction in future ST holders. I did note in your previous post you thought the club would do the right thing at the end of the season if it could though.

Grecian Max

Think Palace offer the best solution of those - a refund of what's remaining and the ability to knock that off the the next season's price, or you continue to have free access to ifollow with a possibility of some crowds returning next year

Crystal Palace
Palace have only recently started their season-ticket renewal process. Any season tickets not taken up will be put on general sale. Their prices are reduced from last season's by the equivalent of two games as they will play two home matches before any possible return of fans in October.
Fans with credit on their accounts can use it towards the cost of the 2020-21 season ticket.
If and when supporters are allowed to attend games, Palace will allocate tickets and take the pro-rata value off the season ticket of those given a seat. If fans do not want to attend, they can sell them to another season-ticket holder or member via the club's resale system.
Anyone in credit at the end of the season can use it towards their 2021-22 season ticket. Fans who are shielding can pay £200 to hold their seat, with the cost going towards their 2021-22 season ticket.

City_Slicker

However it is easy now to say that it is increasingly unlikely we will see live football this season as we are learning more each day about the impact the pandemic is going to have but how many of us can put there hand on heart and say they knew this when renewing in March?

I appreciate the Club are doing their best in this situation but I can't understand why they are unable to issue a statement on their intentions, i.e, like Palace and other clubs have done. For a club like ours that pride itself on it's relationship with it supporters the longer it goes on the more like a PR disaster.

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
Probably shouldn’t stick my tuppenceworth in here not being a ST holder and living abroad, but that potential route would be a sure fire way of getting negative publicity and a big reduction in future ST holders. I did note in your previous post you thought the club would do the right thing at the end of the season if it could though.
To be clear, I agree with you. This is why I think the club will do all it can to honour refund requests.

iscalad

I'd hope for a discount next season

Matt Russell

I'd hope for a statement of intent this season

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
IF all games are going to be played next season why should you get a discount ?