• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Season Ticket Holders.

Matt Russell

No, I can't be bothered trawling back through the thread. You and others can do what you want. I don't really care.
I've clearly stated what I will do. What I expect is that the club will also set out what they will do - at the moment, I am still waiting for that to happen. Some of us do care.

City_Slicker

Isn’t it about time the Club give an update on their intentions to season ticket holders so we know where we stand - like some other clubs have done.

Grecian26

I really do not understand this thread!! When Season Tickets were offered for sale we all had the choice of whether to purchase or not. I will admit that I don't think anyone expected us to still be in the middle of a pandemic at this time, but it was always a distinct possibility. So when it came to renewal of Season Tickets there was only really two options to consider: A) Don't renew because of the uncertain future B) Renew knowing that there was a risk that the season might be curtailed or maybe not happen at all. As far as I can remember the Club did not state at any time that refunds would be made in any situation going forward.
So therefore we all had just two options open to us,
a) Not to renew because of the uncertain future and the effect it may have on our income.
b) Renew/Purchase a Season Ticket and risk that you may lose your money. But ONLY if your financial situation was such that you could afford to take the risk.
If you did not want/couldn't afford to lose your money why did you risk it?
I renewed but fully accepted that there was a risk BUT, I don't have a family to feed and support and being retired my income would remain stable throughout. I only have to worry about myself if my situation had been different and I had a family dependent on my income I would not have renewed that way, as I see it, the only thing I would have saved would have been the Early Bird discount.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Or people renewed their S/T to help the club out financially as they do every year in the closed season as they didn't know there was going to be a windfall payment coming in at that time !

I don't think anyone who renewed their S/T at that time thought there be an almost 0 chance of getting back into SJP at some point in the season which is now looking ever more likely with these smaller outbreaks all over the county.

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Or people renewed their S/T to help the club out financially as they do every year in the closed season as they didn't know there was going to be a windfall payment coming in at that time !

I don't think anyone who renewed their S/T at that time thought there be an almost 0 chance of getting back into SJP at some point in the season which is now looking ever more likely with these smaller outbreaks all over the county.
I'm not anyone.

Matt Russell

It is not hard.
Is a refund an option for those who want one?
Answer a) yes or b) no
If the answer is "a" -. is the refund amount calculated by how many iFollow passes or shirt offers you have accepted or are these offered as goodwill?
Everyone then knows the score and can make choices based on knowledge.
Simples.

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
I have every faith that the club would honour any requests for refunds that came in at the end of the season, if it was able to. However, in law I suspect the club would be able to defend a civil claim for breach of contract.

City_Slicker

So technically purchasing a season ticket doesn't entitle you to anything?

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
So technically purchasing a season ticket doesn't entitle you to anything?
Yes of course it does. That is not the issue in law. The key is whether the club breached its terms of sale and if it did, was there a defence in law.

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
If the answer is "a" -. is the refund amount calculated by how many iFollow passes or shirt offers you have accepted or are these offered as goodwill?
Bloody hell haha, that particular ST holder would go from hero to literally getting free matches and a shirt on ifollow :D :D Unlikely course of action I'd say