• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Season Ticket Holders.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
I also suspect the club knows more than it's letting on and you'll be back at the park in weird spacing positions sooner than you might currently hope.
You may be correct that we could be back at the park with spacing restrictions sooner than we currently think, but I very much doubt the club knows more than its letting on.

Matt Russell

A season ticket is a contract like all purchases. If I buy 23 rubber ducks, I don't expect to be fobbed off with 23 avocados. Fine if I'd rather have the avocados, but if not the ducks or a refund please.

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
You may be correct that we could be back at the park with spacing restrictions sooner than we currently think, but I very much doubt the club knows more than its letting on.
I disagree, there's going to be high level conversations going on between all sporting organisations and the government, this will filter down to the directors via the EFL. I'd say it's unlikely it'll be the whole season like this, you only have to look at some divisions in Europe allowing limited fans back... it will happen, probably after the "circuit breaker" mini lockdown in half term that's heavily rumoured.

It's worth noting that you can currently go to the cinema and theatre, both of which are indoors. Personally think the current situation is a delay and not the worst case, risk adverse outcome that some will have you believe.

Grecian Max

A season ticket is a contract like all purchases. If I buy 23 rubber ducks, I don't expect to be fobbed off with 23 avocados. Fine if I'd rather have the avocados, but if not the ducks or a refund please.
What do the T&Cs say? If you're spending that much money, in the middle of a pandemic, you'd read the T&Cs... right?

Grecian Max

Also this such a poor example, as the reality is it was clear this wasn't going to be a normal season. "Fobbed off" sounds like somehow it's the clubs fault for not getting spectators in, which is a nonsense.

fred binneys head

This season’s ticket isn’t a contract like all purchases, surely? You bought it knowing we might not play any games and you might not get what you paid for. Fair play to you for doing so, but it’s nothing like rubber ducks or avacados.

Matt Russell

I bought mine to support the club, have no regrets in doing so and will not be asking for a refund. We shouldn't have to wonder whether a refund is an option.

I disagree, there's going to be high level conversations going on between all sporting organisations and the government, this will filter down to the directors via the EFL. I'd say it's unlikely it'll be the whole season like this, you only have to look at some divisions in Europe allowing limited fans back... it will happen, probably after the "circuit breaker" mini lockdown in half term that's heavily rumoured.

It's worth noting that you can currently go to the cinema and theatre, both of which are indoors. Personally think the current situation is a delay and not the worst case, risk adverse outcome that some will have you believe.
I wish I shared your confidence in this government's ability to plan and then communicate those plans clearly.

denzel

At the time the club said:

Whilst we understand the difficulty with not knowing about the full status of the 20/21 season, purchasing a season ticket gives you an opportunity to support the club during these tough times, and play a huge part in enabling your club to remain financially stable and well prepared for the new campaign.

So far over 400 of you have pledged your support for the 20/21 season and we send you a huge thank you for this. We understand that you may not be able to commit to this outlay at this time, so there is no pressure to purchase.

By purchasing a season ticket in the super saver period, you will not only make the best savings on admission for the campaign but enable the club to operate fully whilst we have a period of no matches and minimal income.

It was right for them to offer refunds on last season as it was curtailed and tickets were bought without the knowledge of a pandemic. This time round I find it difficult to understand people shouting for refunds when really... it was their choice, as an adult, to outlay £300+ on something that wasn't fixed or set in stone.
So basically we are all mugs.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
So basically we are all mugs.
No just 'proper' football fans who love their club and have ability to support their club by being Season Ticket Holders.
We might be 'mugs' to support a Fan Owned Club but there are several non fan owned clubs in worse situations.
UTC & please support OUR club when you get the chance.