• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Season so far and Wednesday game (another Sam Stubbs thread)

Boyo

We know what he is capable of. Unfortunately he appears to have suffered a career ending injury.

With the small size of our squad we cannot take these kinds of risks.

For example I would much rather we had retained Ray and released Stubbs.
It's all ifs and buts, but I don't think we'd have finished second last season, if we had not signed Stubbs and Ray had stayed rather than going to Orient.

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
For example I would much rather we had retained Ray and released Stubbs.
Utterly pointless conjecture, those events are entirely unconnected, as the decisions were taken months apart. Ray was long gone when Stubbs was signed ! :ROFLMAO:

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Utterly pointless conjecture, those events are entirely unconnected, as the decisions were taken months apart. Ray was long gone when Stubbs was signed ! :ROFLMAO:
Eh? Stubbs signed in January 2021, Ray signed in the summer of the same year surely?!

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
How can you write him off and save the wages, he is under contract until the summer.
Did you not bother to read the thread?

Topsham Boy

Caldwell has taken over a team that was doing o.k. We'd got some good results without actually playing any of the top teams. I think that with Matt Taylor in charge and no additions we would have finished around mid table. Caldwell has come in and looked at what he's got to work with and shown he is prepared to shuffle the pack in order to get the team playing as he wants, this is what should be expected of a new manager. I have no doubt that come the transfer window he will try and fill the gaps where he thinks we may be lacking such as at left back (!).

It could all go horribly wrong for Caldwell and we end up around the bottom, on the other hand he could find a team and formation that pushes us on towards those play off places. I think we should forget all about Matt Taylor, give Caldwell his own space to work in and hope that he can find further success for a club that is probably exceeding what should be expected of it at the moment.
Agree apart from the last 15 words.

From a City perspective I have very mixed feelings about Moore. On the one hand he has given us some of our best loan signings of recent years (Wilson, Edwards, O'Shea and Dawson) and also helped kick-start the career of Jordan Storey. On the other, it's hard to forgive his treatment of Cam.
Taylor moving next door to us at Rotherham might make for an interesting transfer window in Jan