• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Scunthorpe United v Exeter City Matchday Thread

Legohead

Banned
Oldsmobile, i didn't have anyway near as far to travel home than you so hats off, but i was really p****d off that they shut the M18 meaning a lengthy diversion down the A1. Didn't expect that.

I noticed the stewards talking to to some fans about the man called 'razor' and they were keeping a close eye on him for some reason. I don't know anything about him but he didn't do anything generally to warrant such close scrutiny so thought that was a bit out of order. He was just singing and cheering really. Fine. I was more annoyed at the lads who were shouting abuse which was derogatory to the disabled.

Last edited:

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Not sure I want to watch this, but here's the highlights!

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
I noticed the stewards talking to to some fans about the man called 'razor' and they were keeping a close eye on him for some reason. I don't know anything about him but he didn't do anything generally to warrant such close scrutiny so thought that was a bit out of order. He was just singing and cheering really. Fine. I was more annoyed at the lads who were shouting abuse which was derogatory to the disabled.
The chap known as Razor is harmless enough,he has a few mental health issues usually revolving around alcohol.
He was banned from all football grounds for many years after a few incidents.
He can be annoying to anyone in his vicinity which is why most give him a wide berth.

Totally agree with your other comment.Unacceptable.

Grecian_in_Plymouth

Shocking performance tonight from both sides tbf. Interspersed with 3 glorious goals. Just a shame we only got 1 of them. Hump it up to Bowman seemed to be our only option and anyone who has seen Scunny a few times this season knows they've really struggled when sides have pushed men forward and got in behind.

The way we played suited a very poor Scunny side perfectly. They have the defenders to be able to deal with punts upfield but not to deal with pace and movement of which we have none.

How Bowman failed to even get that glaring chance on target second half I'll never know. Thought for a minute from where I was stood it had crept inside the post but no. Shocking miss.

Chances were at a premium and we barely put them under any pressure at all.

Great turnout from the travelling grecians. Just a shame scunny decided to close the away end and stick us in the side stand. Tossers.

On to Saturday then. I'm making the trip for my first home game of the season and we'll need to play a lot better.

The keeper actually saves it in the second half. amazing save and didn't get the credit as the officials missed it. He and bowman knew it and a few of the City fans too.

Grecian_in_Plymouth

I think that Taylor will stick with Maxted for the weekend. I dont quite know what his position was with that third goal tonight, but with him its not just about goals conceeded, its his general demeanor when playing, and the lethargic way in general he does things.

First Goal: If he goes with his other hand , he saves it as if he's gone too early - great strike though. no blame for 2nd or 3rd goal … His kicking was excellent

Legohead

Banned
The keeper actually saves it in the second half. amazing save and didn't get the credit as the officials missed it. He and bowman knew it and a few of the City fans too.
Ahh i apologize to Bowman then although he really should be ripping the netting out with a strike from there.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
The team didn't get back until 4.30 after the Oldham game, tonight will be no better.
Have no idea what happened after the Oldham game, but the players stayed in Scunthorpe last night and travelled back this morning.

scottus86

Bowman has to start taking these chances. They're put on a plate for him. He had two very good chances in that highlights video that you'd expect a first choice striker to be burying.

Oldsmobile-88

the players stayed in Scunthorpe last night and travelled back this morning.
That would have been a bundle of laughs over supper after that performance.

Grecian2K

... and travelled back this morning.
Why bother??? :cry:
Just send the U18s out on Saturday - couldn't do much worse at present.