• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Scunthorpe United v Exeter City Matchday Thread

hardi2b

The Manager needs to take the blame for this not the players....... picked the wrong side. Simples.
We will be fine Saturday🙏
To my mind MT is employing the wrong tactics it was obvious from the past couple of games his instructions were to lump it up to Bowman at every opportunity - negating any influence that our very capable midfield players have. Two or, on more occasionally, one man up front against a back three or four man defense affords the front men very few chances (almost none with their back to the goal ).
Drop the long ball and play it on the ground briskly through mid-field is the answer. Bowman clearly is not a striker IMO.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Nobody can blame Lee Martin tonight, yes Greasy and Sturtz I'm talking to you !!

Seymour may have a big future however on what I've seen so far I'm not convinced he's ready to start games yet.

Red Bill

Nobody can blame Lee Martin tonight, yes Greasy and Sturtz I'm talking to you !!

Seymour may have a big future however on what I've seen so far I'm not convinced he's ready to start games yet.
[/QUOT
Night have been easier for him any of our midfielders could have managed to pass to him without over hitting it by 10 yards!

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Matt Taylor post match.

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
How many Taxi for Pete threads have there been ??
Unfortunately not enough

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Disappointing that a bold selection including five - yes five - academy graduates starting should turn out so badly.

crocks

Very well known Exeweb poster
Don't know what game MT was watching....

Timps58

Disappointing night.
Not sure I understood tactics in the sense that just hoofing up to their centre halfs was playing to their strengths.
Also and despite not playing well, we did have several chances.....

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Don't know what game MT was watching....
Generally he is bang on the money however tonight he saw a different game to me, first half we were decent for about ten minutes, for the rest of that first period we were poor.

dontpassback

Matt gets credit for a good start,but he now needs to sort out his selections and tactics starting ASAP !