• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Scunthorpe United Discussion Thread

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
I read that first time as a one foot defender.:unsure:

We've had plenty of these over the years. :ROFLMAO:

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
A Scunny fan posted it on the football forum. As Dawlish Bouy says they are struggling to fill the CB slots so will probably have to switch to a different formation, or put square pegs in round holes.
Saw it on the Quest highlights last weekend I think it was their number 6 that got a straight red.

andrew p long

Can we match the result the only time I have been there. 4-0 win. Frighteningly, that was 8 years ago. :ROFLMAO:
A 7-1 defeat last time I saw us at Scunthorpe (Old Show Ground, March 1985) I hope we don't repeat that...

david61

Just seen a piece about miles to travel for all away League games. Exeter 8172 miles, as the crow flies. Second to Plymouth. Geography. Scunthorpe must be a fair chunk.

Grecian2K

Just seen a piece about miles to travel for all away League games. Exeter 8172 miles, as the crow flies. Second to Plymouth. Geography. Scunthorpe must be a fair chunk.
It's a fair old distance (about 280 miles) but, if going by road the drive is quite straightforward:
M5, M6. A42, M1, A1(M),M180 and M181 (the ground it, literally, right off the end of the 181.
I used to allow about 4 1/2 hours when I used to do the "commute2 regularly.

Mind you, trying to get there by train is another matter.....

Grecian2K

Referee is Carl Brook.
2nd season in EFL
Has reffed us twice, the 1-2 defeat v Northampton in the Tinpot and 0-0 league draw against Mansfield.
Looks to be EXTREMELY card- happy! The lads had better be on best behaviour.
England - C. Brook - Profile with news, career statistics and history - Soccerway

Alistair20000

Referee is Carl Brook.
2nd season in EFL
Has reffed us twice, the 1-2 defeat v Northampton in the Tinpot and 0-0 league draw against Mansfield.
Looks to be EXTREMELY card- happy! The lads had better be on best behaviour.
England - C. Brook - Profile with news, career statistics and history - Soccerway
Well spotted G2K. A lot of red in those stats.

Rosencrantz

Well spotted G2K. A lot of red in those stats.
A Hallmark of a referee.

Boyo

Mind you, trying to get there by train is another matter.....
I just looked this up and getting THERE is easy enough by train. 5 1/2 hours and just one change in Sheffield. Getting home the same day is impossible however unless you can catch the 1708 from Scunthorpe (just over a mile from the ground). The £163 return price makes it silly of course, although no doubt it's possible to shave some off by ticket-splitting.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Matt Taylor on the match