• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Scottish football.

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Well who would believe it.The Shire(East Stirlingshire) are 2nd in the Scots 3rd division.3 wins out of 4,including a 3-0 win at local rivals Stenhousemuir.
This is the team that has finished bottom of the table for the past 5 seasons,including one memorable campaign when they lost 22 on the spin & collected only 8 points.
They cannot afford a bottom finish again,the SFA will remove their full membership if they do.

Have they turned the corner?....early days of course.

Theres on one team in Falkirk...

B

Barmy Grecian

I mysef am very interested in scottish football, and if I remember correctly last season they started off very brighly and then lost it, I do think they will finish bottom again and then go down,but somehow I cant see anyside that would replace them that wouldnt do the same,the only teams I can think of are claccnacluddin or spartans. Elgin are struglling at the momment and were close to finishing bottom last season, but due to the goalscoring ability of Martin Johnston came second from bottom, I just can't see east stirling staying up and there playing budget has been increased but is still the smallest in scotand with some of there first team payers getting £30 a week and there very small attendances I cant see them surviving.

Also did you know the team that has the biggest ground in scotland is Queens park as they play at hampton park.

The team I tip is Gretna this year as they are in the scotish premier division with a great squad so they will be in the ueafa cup places come the end of the season.

I used to watch Inverness a few times when they were in the scottish third division and saw them play stenhousemuir which I think they won, also we get higher attendences than a few of the scottish premiership teams.

Gozzer

Wouldn't it be great if East Stirling could avoid finishing bottom in this crucial year and then go back to being complete sh*te again for the next few seasons, before doing it all again.

And Barmy - Gretna to finish in a EUFA Cup spot? You really are living up to your name ;)

B

Barmy Grecian

You what? were gretna in the ueafa cup last season, hmmmm yep they did and they have a very good side, I have been following them very closely and they will be in the top 5 and maybe in the ueafa cup, it will go

Celtic
Rangers
Aberdeen
Hibs
Hearts
Gretna
motherwell
inverness
dundee united
kilmarnock
St mirren
falkirk

and Gretna wil win the league cup
and celtic will win the scottish cup

manc grecian

You've just said Gretna will be top 5 yet predicted them to finish sixth :S

B

Barmy Grecian

Did I oops sorry I put hearts in the wrong place they should be below Gretna.

manc grecian

You're spot on with that Barms. Hearts are sh*t.

B

Barmy Grecian

they are and I hope they struggle with that total d*ckhead of an owner.

David Treharne

Ah! Queens Park!
Three thoughts.
Do they have the most hideous away shirts in the Scottish Leagues? The colours were chosen for their sponsor, the dreaded 'Irn Bru'.
'The Strollers' their second team until recently had to pay to play, and received no expenses for doing so.
Supporting them at home is one of the strangest football experiences I have ever had, marooned as we were in one small corner of Hampden Park.

MikeB

And Queen's Park have also played a few of their home fixtures at Lesser Hampden as well, which again is a strange experience from the spectatiing point of view.

Great to see East Stirling doing so well. They were by far the friendliest ground visted back in 1981, when we went around all the then Scottish League grounds in a week, just to= visit and take photographs. They had even suffered a break in the night before we were there - the theives left the boots and kit! The ground has changed quite a bit since then.