• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Scottish football.

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Clyde have terminated their lease with North Lanarkshire Council & will be leaving Broadwood Stadium, Cumbernauld after the next home game on Saturday. They have arranged a ground share with Hamilton Accies in the short term. They plan to get back to Glasgow which they left in 1986, having a nomadic existence until they moved to the new Broadwood Stadium in 1994. The ‘new town’ of Cumbernauld getting a SFL team, though one that kept its original name.

Clyde’s original ground was Shawfield. They left in 1986 . It was/is owned by a Greyhound Racing Company, a similar scenario to Bristol Rovers at Eastville, who also had to find a new ground in 1986.

I was driving on the M73 towards the M8 recently, I spotted a set of pylon floodlights from the elevated section of the motorway, I knew it was not one of the Glasgow big two & it was the wrong side of the river for Partick Thistle, upon investigation on google maps(when stopped !) I was surprised to see that it was Shawfield.
A couple of the old stands are still there.

Spoonz Red E

Would love to see Arbroath make it to The Premiership. Be great to see them up there alongside Celtic and Rangers. Are they still part-time?
A nice interview with Dicky Campbell - Arbroath manager - on the Today programme this morning.
Made me smile.

Now on BBC Sounds.
Go to the 2hrs 30m mark
Today - 22/04/2022 - BBC Sounds

Oldsmobile-88

After battling on for many years at the bottom of the Highland League the 5th tier of Scottish football, Fort William’s time may be coming to a end.
Finishing bottom this season means a play off against Banks O’ Dee in a 2 leg final.

Banks O’ Dee won the SJFA Superleague North, They are based in the Aberdeen area.

First leg at Spain Park on Saturday with the return at Claggan Park a week later.
Fort William have withdrawn from the Highland League Play Off...No reasons given yet.After years of struggle, being out on a limb geographically has finally taken its toll for The Fort.

Oldsmobile-88

Fort William have withdrawn from the Highland League Play Off...No reasons given yet.After years of struggle, being out on a limb geographically has finally taken its toll for The Fort.
All very odd. Fort Williams Twitter feed had the game against Banks ‘O Dee advertised only 24 hours before the shock announcement.
Some detail in the local paper, but nothing official from the Highland League or the club itself.

Oldsmobile-88

It looks like Fort William FC will be playing in the North Caledonian League next season, subject to acceptance which would be a formality.

Probably more mileage for the Fort than in the Highland League by the look of some of the locations.Thurso, Halkirk are 340 & 330 mile round trips respectively. Orkney is a bit further with a ferry trip on top.

Love the shirt for Loch Ness FC who play at Fortrose on what’s known as the Black Isle.

274EB19B-2C8B-49DB-AEF5-1CF1D2689D82.jpeg91994C06-3538-49AC-A263-64B00D2789CC.jpeg

Oldsmobile-88

Bonnybrigg Rose Lowlands League winners beat Highland League Fraserburgh 3-2 on aggregate to set up a 2 legged Play-Off against SPFL 2 bottom club Cowdenbeath.

Looks like s tough assignment for Cowdenbeath, the ‘Blue Brazil’ have had a dreadful season. Kelty Hearts who won the Playoffs last season & steamed SPFL2 this season, showed what a strong league the Lowland is.

Oldsmobile-88

Bonnybrigg Rose Lowlands League winners beat Highland League Fraserburgh 3-2 on aggregate to set up a 2 legged Play-Off against SPFL 2 bottom club Cowdenbeath.

Looks like s tough assignment for Cowdenbeath, the ‘Blue Brazil’ have had a dreadful season. Kelty Hearts who won the Playoffs last season & steamed SPFL2 this season, showed what a strong league the Lowland is.
Bonnybrigg Rose won the first leg 3-0.

i8cornwall

Bonnybrigg Rose won the first leg 3-0.
I can't see the Blue Brazil over turning that in the second leg, I love the play off's in Scotland.

Dunfermline in the third tire again probably makes that an even more exciting league next season.

Oldsmobile-88

I can't see the Blue Brazil over turning that in the second leg, I love the play off's in Scotland.

Dunfermline in the third tire again probably makes that an even more exciting league next season.
Yep, Dunfermline are a pretty big fish in the 3rd Tier.
Never recovered from a dreadful start, changed the management too late.

i8cornwall

Yep, Dunfermline are a pretty big fish in the 3rd Tier.
Never recovered from a dreadful start, changed the management too late.
Yep and add to that the pretty terrible transfer window they had and statements basically blaming fans for everything going wrong and it's a season to forget for the Pars!