• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Scottish football.

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
It all seems very odd.Can’t see how they can survive without the takings from home games & the clubhouse.
Some teams will be happy because Fort William is not easy to travel to in comparison to most teams in the HL.
Fair play to the other HL Teams they are giving Fort William the travel costs they would have incurred playing at Claggan Park.

Depressing to read in the club statement that the club is the victim of vandalism.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Really sad for FT. Such a great venue at the base of Ben Nevis

Attachments

Oldsmobile-88

Yes indeed..As you know I regularly visit the town but unfortunately have not seen a game at Claggan Park.A few postponements have scuppered that.

Colesman Ballz

What is disheartening is that it is highly unlikely that the vandals are travelling there. The vandalism is Shirley being committed by locals in the community. It can't be impossible to crackdown and eradicate this in a small community ?

Oldsmobile-88

What is disheartening is that it is highly unlikely that the vandals are travelling there. The vandalism is Shirley being committed by locals in the community. It can't be impossible to crackdown and eradicate this in a small community ?
Without a doubt..There is a housing estate beside the ground.

I remember a few years ago talking to a club official at Albion Rovers before a game.He said the biggest threat to the club was vandalism & break ins due to the ground being next to a rough estate.

I’m afraid football is littered with such stories.The original South Liverpool FC,a fine NPL outfit at one time were driven to extinction mostly due to break ins & vandalism.

les.gtfc

I'll be taking in a Highland League game in November. My brother and I are up in the Highlands for a week and it just so happens the Brechin City (the Scottish team I follow) are playing Clachnacuddin on the Saturday we are up there, and as Clach play in Inverness it would seem rude not to pop along to get my footy fix that weekend.

fred binneys head

Exellent! Brechin are my team too, give them a cheer from me 👍

DB9

And they are as well for a few members of the NDG's.

les.gtfc

Not a good season for me last time with a double relegation to non-league!

Oldsmobile-88

I'll be taking in a Highland League game in November. My brother and I are up in the Highlands for a week and it just so happens the Brechin City (the Scottish team I follow) are playing Clachnacuddin on the Saturday we are up there, and as Clach play in Inverness it would seem rude not to pop along to get my footy fix that weekend.
I went to Clach about a decade ago.A nice set up I seem to recall.
It must have been great atmosphere when the other two Inverness Highland League teams,Caledonian & Thistle were regularly visitors before their amalgamation & entry into the Scottish League.