• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Scottish football.

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Glasgow Rangers win Scotlands top division for the 55th time....Full circle since the humiliation of being demoted to Scottish League Division 3 in 2012.

The jury is out as to if it was Steven Gerrards managerial skill or Celtics capitulation this season.
If Gerrard can achieve the same over the next two seasons the former can be said.

Oldsmobile-88

I wonder if the smaller SFL teams will take the bait ?

Oldsmobile-88

Scottish lower league football is back.😁

Oldsmobile-88

A shock in the Scottish Cup 2nd Rd..Hearts who are not used to entry so early in this competition,lost 2-1 at Brora Rangers of the Highland League.

Brora is about 60 miles north of Inverness.I have driven past their Dudgeon Park home off the A9 many times...Long old drive back to Edinburgh for the losing team this evening.

Brora very nearly got into the SFL a few seasons ago narrowly losing over two legs in the playoffs.

Legohead

Banned
I too have driven past Brora. It's near Golspie isn't it? Off the main road (A9?) like you say Olds. Visited a few places round there including Dunrobin Castle. Absolute shock though this result, especially given that Brora hadn't even played this year. I think that if fans had been allowed to this game, it would 100& be a case of Hearts players refunding ticket money as the very least they can do. A real embarrassment.

Oldsmobile-88

I too have driven past Brora. It's near Golspie isn't it? Off the main road (A9?) like you say Olds. Visited a few places round there including Dunrobin Castle. Absolute shock though this result, especially given that Brora hadn't even played this year. I think that if fans had been allowed to this game, it would 100& be a case of Hearts players refunding ticket money as the very least they can do. A real embarrassment.
Yes on the A9 near Golspie(stayed in a crap hotel for £85 in Golspie & got bed bugs !)
I love those towns on the A9 in Sutherland.
Yes Brora have not played for 3 months & have only had 5 training sessions plus a friendly as practice,

Oldsmobile-88

The Highland League for 20/21 will be scrubbed.
A fresh start in late July 2021 for 21/22.
Fort William finished 4th from bottom in the table,a right result position wise.Only playing 1 game & losing it 10 nil ! Though a couple of teams below them did not complete a fixture & the other played 2 games & had a worse goal difference 😁
0166306B-334D-405A-B3F9-C21D66BA8C62.jpeg670221DB-0E45-4ADF-A4C0-E5E181A68FAE.jpeg

Grecian2K

Must be the highspot of their Highland League career!
Will there be an open top bus tour round Fort William once lockdown permits?

Oldsmobile-88

Stranraer travel to Brora Rangers in the Scottish Cup 3rd Round on Saturday.With the exception of a trip to Wick Academy that must be the longest trip possible.
617 mile round trip & not all motorway.
I don’t imagine Stranraer will be doing a overnighter for the game.

Colesman Ballz

The Highland League for 20/21 will be scrubbed.
A fresh start in late July 2021 for 21/22.
Fort William finished 4th from bottom in the table,a right result position wise.Only playing 1 game & losing it 10 nil ! Though a couple of teams below them did not complete a fixture & the other played 2 games & had a worse goal difference 😁
View attachment 5734View attachment 5735
Formartine, Turriff, and Strathspey seem to have been expunged from the map, have they folded ?