• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Scottish football.

les.gtfc

Looking really bleak for my Scottish team Brechin City. Currently looking at a 3rd sucessive relegation and this time it will be into non-league. It was only a couple of seasons ago I saw them play at Livingston in a Championship game.

It's going to need a big ask to save themselves now as they are 7 points adrift at the bottom having played 2 games more than the 2nd bottom team.

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Looking really bleak for my Scottish team Brechin City. Currently looking at a 3rd sucessive relegation and this time it will be into non-league. It was only a couple of seasons ago I saw them play at Livingston in a Championship game.

It's going to need a big ask to save themselves now as they are 7 points adrift at the bottom having played 2 games more than the 2nd bottom team.
Could be in a playoff with Kealty Hearts(near Cowdenbeath in Fife) or Brora Ranger(a 2 hour drive north from Inverness)

les.gtfc

Could be in a playoff with Kealty Hearts(near Cowdenbeath in Fife) or Brora Ranger(a 2 hour drive north from Inverness)
Bonnyrigg Rose are up there too in The Lowland League. Looks like a straight shoot-out between them and Kelty. Not sure if they have to play each other again this season.

Edit...Just had a quick look and it turns out they are playing each other this Saturday at Kelty! That game will go a long way to decide who wins their league.

Last edited:

Oldsmobile-88

Brora Rangers narrowly missed out in the Playoffs against Montrose a few seasons ago.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

fred binneys head

Brechin are my Scottish team too 😭

Oldsmobile-88

The wonderful Cappilow,home to Morton.
Well worth a visit for a game if you are ever in the area.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
An old colleague of mine was from Greenock and as a kid she used to go and watch Morton.

Alistair20000

Scottish football = Meh

Maybe this is not the thread for me

Oldsmobile-88

The Highland League has decide the season is now over.

Brora Rangers who were top when the league was suspended on 13th March are Champions.

Despite a fantastic season by their own poor standards.Fort William finish bottom again.
It looked like they were going to overhaul Lossiemouth at one point,but a plethora of postponed games(5 consecutive)at home put the mockers on that.