• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Scottish football.

Strongbow

Well-known Exeweb poster
And I hope to be at the Annan Athletic v Spartans Scottish Cup tie that day.
I made it to the rearranged Annan Athletic v Spartans game last Saturday. Also caught the first half of the new Gretna clubs game, as they play about 200 yards away from Annan's ground.

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
The millionaire businessman Brooks Mileson, who took Gretna Football Club from the Third Division to the SPL and the final of the Scottish Cup in barely five years, died yesterday.
The 60-year-old was found unconscious at his home in Blackford, near Carlisle, yesterday morning.

It is understood that Mr Mileson, who had been suffering from a serious neurological problem, collapsed in the grounds of his home. He was taken to Cumberland Infirmary, where he later died. Police said there were no suspicious circumstances.
Sad news...Mr Mileson took Gretna on a incredible journey & who know's what might have happened to Gretna,had he not been stuck down by illness...He was also very generous to Cumbria's senior football clbs....Better to have loved & lost than not,have loved at all..

Oldsmobile-88

I made it to the rearranged Annan Athletic v Spartans game last Saturday. Also caught the first half of the new Gretna clubs game, as they play about 200 yards away from Annan's ground.
I toyed with the idea of watching that game on my way back from Fort William,but was around the borders area around 10am,so too early & i doubt there is too much to do in Annan...Maybe another time..

Sweet revenge for Spartans(2-1) after Annan's election to the SFL..They now have a visit to Elgin in the 3rd round...

East Stirlingshire have got a 'home' tie against Livingstone....

Last edited:

Strongbow

Well-known Exeweb poster
I toyed with the idea of watching that game on my way back from Fort William,but was around the borders area around 10am,so too early & i doubt there is too much to do in Annan...Maybe another time..

Sweet revenge for Spartans(2-1) after Annan's election to the SFL..They now have a visit to Elgin in the 3rd round...

East Stirlingshire have got a 'home' tie against Livingstone....
We arrived in Annan just before midday, and there didn't seem much to do to be fair. Two hours were spent sampling 3 of the towns pubs - The Commercial, The Auberge and The Blue Bell, all of which were along the main street.

MikeB

We arrived in Annan just before midday, and there didn't seem much to do to be fair. Two hours were spent sampling 3 of the towns pubs - The Commercial, The Auberge and The Blue Bell, all of which were along the main street.
There is excellent veggie haggis to be bought from one of the butchers in the main street.

newburygrecian

There is excellent veggie haggis to be bought from one of the butchers in the main street.
Out of curiosity, what is the skin on a veggie haggis made from? Given that sheeps stomach is out of the question.

ECFC4EVR

my aunt is a director of falkirk

not doing great at the moment though:)

Pete Martin (CTID)

City fan Simon Barrow who writes for the matchday magazine is also a fan of Dumbarton, currently 2nd in Scottish League 3.

Oldsmobile-88

my aunt is a director of falkirk

not doing great at the moment though:)
Try to wrangle a friendly for next years pre-season...A mini tour of Falkirk,to include The Shire & Stenny....:D...

I did not realise until i visited Ochilview last week,that Falkirk ground shared with Stenhousemuir after they sold Brockville & were waiting for their new ground to be build on the outskirts of Falkirk/Grangemouth.A couple of temorary stands were erected at Ochilview during the Bairns stay..

Oldsmobile-88

Out of curiosity, what is the skin on a veggie haggis made from? Given that sheeps stomach is out of the question.
No skin at all..The ingredients are put in a baking tin & it keeps its shape due to the amount of oatmeal used...

Cowdenbeath got revenge for their cup defeat at Central Park a couple of weeks ago,by beating Elgin 4-1...Only 193 present for this game,after the cup game attracted 350..