• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Scottish football.

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Edinburgh based The Spartans drew 1-1 with Albion Rovers in the first leg play off for a place in League Two.
The return is at Cliftonhill next Saturday(20th)

fred binneys head

Edinburgh based The Spartans drew 1-1 with Albion Rovers in the first leg play off for a place in League Two.
#StillFuming

grecIAN Harris

The Accies (the real ones) have been relegated from the Scottish Championship losing on a sudden death penalty shoot out to Airdrie............. gutted:(

Oldsmobile-88

The Wee Rovers lost 0-1. Bringing down the curtain on a Scottish Football League membership that started in 1903.

Oldsmobile-88

Fort William have drawn Clydebank in the 2nd preliminary round of the Scottish Cup, unfortunately Claggan Park is being used for The Ben Nevis race on the cup round date- 2nd September.
The game will now take place in Golspie, Sutherland, just a mere 115 miles & 3 hour journey north from Fort William !

Oldsmobile-88

Fort William have drawn Clydebank in the 2nd preliminary round of the Scottish Cup, unfortunately Claggan Park is being used for The Ben Nevis race on the cup round date- 2nd September.
The game will now take place in Golspie, Sutherland, just a mere 115 miles & 3 hour journey north from Fort William !

Red Devon

Hibs 0:5 Aston Villa - This game looks to be heading the same way as a two legged League Cup game involving Villa I can remember back in 1985 :cry:

Oldsmobile-88

Hibs 0:5 Aston Villa - This game looks to be heading the same way as a two legged League Cup game involving Villa I can remember back in 1985 :cry:
I was watching a football icons programme earlier today on the iplayer(I mentioned it on the TV Times thread) Scottish Football in Europe in the 1980s was very competitive. Aberdeen winning the ECWC. Dundee Utd beating Bayern Munich & Barcelona on the way to a UEFA Cup Final. Dundee United narrowly lost a European Cup Semi Final in 1984, beating Roma 2-0 at Tannadice before losing the return 3-0 with a few dubious refereeing decisions in the 2nd leg.
Those days are a far cry from Scottish top flight football now.

Oldsmobile-88

It did not end well...The Fort took the lead but eventually lost 10-1

Ex-ciderrr

I tend the often watch the Scottish league highlights on YouTube during the week (have done for the past season or so) love seeing the different unique grounds clubs have through out the 3 leagues below the SPL, it’s about 30 mins long but covers all of the 3 leagues below the SPL no pundits or analysis just brief highlights of the games.

Occasionally watch a live SPL game when I get the time or there’s one I fancy watching on tv

hopeful of one day getting to Scotland to visit some of these great grounds they have over the country.