Scottish football.

JamieEcfc

Be interesting to see how Gerrard does with them in Europe, has a great track record in the Europa League.

A fine honour on his managerial CV stopping 10 in a row, will be looking at succeeding Klopp at Liverpool I suspect.

Coronavirus football has certainly shook up the leagues around the world - quite a few examples of teams winning for the first time in a long period of time.

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
Am I right in thinking that Brechin isn't actually a city FBH? If so, do you know why they adopted it as a suffix?
From Wikipedia:

Traditionally Brechin was described as a city because of its cathedral and its status as the seat of a pre-Reformation Roman Catholic diocese (which continues today as an episcopal seat of the Scottish Episcopal Church), but that status has not been officially recognised in the modern era.

Nevertheless, the designation is often used, with examples being the City of Brechin and District Community Council, City of Brechin and Area Partnership, City of Brechin Civic Trust and Brechin City Football Club.

denzel

Well-known Exeweb poster
Talking of cities, I noticed talk of an ECFC derby a few weeks back when Elgin City took on Edinburgh City.
I wonder if we have ever been involved in such a game...maybe we need to draw Ely City in the FA Cup.

Spoonz Red E

Well-known Exeweb poster
Talking of cities, I noticed talk of an ECFC derby a few weeks back when Elgin City took on Edinburgh City.
I wonder if we have ever been involved in such a game...maybe we need to draw Ely City in the FA Cup.
We have sometimes played that Effronted City From Cornwall

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Brechin City will play next season in The Highland League.
They had wanted to join the Lowland League but that was unanimously objected to by all 17 clubs in that league,despite a reported offer of £1000 to each team for the away fixture at Glebe Park.