Saves of the season

JayPob94

Fantastic and finally we are lucky enough to have two number ones.... I think every club should have this situation.

I still think Ward should be number 1, he was always going to struggle getting back to his early season form after his injury. I honestly believe we’d have ended up solidly in the top 3 had he stayed fit. Maxted is a fantastic shot stopper but personally makes me feel nervous. The fact Ward is a man mountain would give his defenders immediate confidence.

Red Devon

Well-known Exeweb poster
My Top 3

Maxted away at Salford

Maxted home to Forest Green

Ward away at Stevenage

andrew p long

Well-known Exeweb poster
Another great interview. Another interview that gives you confidence in the coaching staff and their work .

and the immutable law of the ex (former players always score against their former clubs) seems to apply to keepers too, with three(!) of Johnny’s best five saves coming against his ( and Steve’s) former side.

interesting also that Steve had previously talked to MT about joining City ‘but it didn’t work out for whatever reason’. Presumably that was the previous close season when we got a goalkeeping coach who could double up as third choice.

and also our third choice keeper Jared is still on the books. I thought he would have gone once both the other two were back fit again.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Just in case you missed it from the tweet above, here's the interview with the goalkeeper coach, Steve Hale