• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Sam Nombe is the best striker we've had since?

jimmy

Sam Nombe is the best striker we've had since?

...Steve Flack.

*end of thread

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
Statistics will give a very quick answer not too long ago.............. Jayden Stockley.
Stockley still the best striker I've seen in our red & white. Phenomenal player when he was with us.

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
Sam Nombe is the best bricklayer we've had since?

...Steve Flack.

*end of thread
Amended for factuals.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Stockley still the best striker I've seen in our red & white. Phenomenal player when he was with us.
Jayden was an absolute goal machine when he was with us and scored at better than a goal every other game. However, Sam's strike rate isn't far behind that and he also brings so much more to the team than just goal-scoring plus half his goals have been scored at a higher level.

onemansview

My home is Chesterfield but my heart is in Tokyo
I hope that Sam goes on to be a City legend but no contest for me, it will always be Curo. Could have been Beer or Kellow, could have been Rowbotham or Stockley but Curo was the best that I have seen at finding that yard of space in the box and finishing the chance off. The only shame was that we only had him at the tail end of his career, then again he would have been out of our league when in his prime so grateful for what we saw of him. loved watching his Grecian goals montage on Youtube.

Bat Fastard

I hope that Sam goes on to be a City legend but no contest for me, it will always be Curo. Could have been Beer or Kellow, could have been Rowbotham or Stockley but Curo was the best that I have seen at finding that yard of space in the box and finishing the chance off. The only shame was that we only had him at the tail end of his career, then again he would have been out of our league when in his prime so grateful for what we saw of him. loved watching his Grecian goals montage on Youtube.
kellow and beer before my time but i'd agree with curo being the best striker i've seen at city. his awareness of where to be and when was ridiculous, it more than compensated for his being past his prime years

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
Best I’ve seen was Rowbotham. Kellow was nearing the end of his career when started watching City so never saw him at his best, but Rowbotham was an absolute machine. I wonder how he’d have fared had it not been for that injury, I reckon he’d have been close to breaking scoring records had he stayed fit.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Cureton at 47, still registered as a player at Enfield where he is manager.

"One of only 29 footballers in the world to have made over 1,000 competitive appearances, his career has spanned nine tiers of the football pyramid from the Premier League to the Essex Senior League, and has seen him score over 350 goals."

Legend.

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Best I’ve seen was Rowbotham. Kellow was nearing the end of his career when started watching City so never saw him at his best, but Rowbotham was an absolute machine. I wonder how he’d have fared had it not been for that injury, I reckon he’d have been close to breaking scoring records had he stayed fit.
That's another question all together and if you were fortunate enough to see him, there simply is only one answer and it is undisputable. Unfortunately you only saw Kells at the back end of his career but he still knew how to find the net then.

Topsham Boy

That's another question all together and if you were fortunate enough to see him, there simply is only one answer and it is undisputable. Unfortunately you only saw Kells at the back end of his career but he still knew how to find the net then.
Watched Kellow,Banks,Binney all the way up until now. Top 3 for me…Kellow, Cureton and Stockley.