• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Sam Nombe is the best striker we've had since?

gilbertshoot

Cureton was a Rolls Royce that we were so, so fortunate to have playing for us. Pure class.

Average Joe

We had Curo when he was already ancient. He was a top level proven goal scorer who had done it at far higher levels in his heyday before he came to us.
That already ancient player nocked 40 in two seasons for us! Curo was incredible.

Missed a sitter against argyle though

arthur

Very well known Exeweb poster
I still think Nombe is better than Stockley...

manc grecian

Stockley was very one dimensional. Vert good at what he did but I much prefer Nombe in terms of how it allows the rest of the team to play and tge type of goals he scores.

Cowshed Grecian

I’ve seen Nombe miss some sitters mind you, he’s bang in form right now so all is good. Stockley hardly ever missed a chance, he was pretty incredible in an average L2 side.

Grecianpasty

If Nombe improves his finishing he will make it to the championship.

geoffwp

Not sure about the accuracy of the stats I've just seen but they have Cureton as our last player to hit 20+ league goals in a season during 2012-13. Happy to be corrected but if so what are the odds that Sam will become the latest by getting to 20 this season?

Cowshed Grecian

Ollie Watkins

denzel

I did put a pound on at 100/1 for Sam to be the top scorer in L1 this season. He's currently two behind Aaron Collins and Clarke-Harris. He definitely should start every game...

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
We've been lucky to have some outstanding attacking players over the last 10 or 15 years. Curo was the best pure goalscorer we've had since Dazza but Jayden wasn't far behind. However, I agree with the opening post that very few have had the all-round skills of Sam. He can score from distance as we saw against Rovers and he can also score classic poachers goals like Northampton away at the end of the last season. However, he has also pace and power and can link up play brilliantly - I can't think of too many City players over the years who could set up a goal the way Sam did away at Swindon last season.