• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Sam Nombe is the best striker we've had since?

arthur

Very well known Exeweb poster
He is as near a complete striker as we've had. Strong on the ball, a great eye for goal, assists as well as scores and better than Curo imho. I think you have to go much further back in time to find anyone better than him

Reactions: WXF

grecIAN Harris

Statistics will give a very quick answer not too long ago.............. Jayden Stockley.

Cowshed Grecian

Statistics will give a very quick answer not too long ago.............. Jayden Stockley.
Agree. He’s not quite the force Stockley was. The thing about Nombe is he is getting better and better. If we keep hold of him, he could be a top striker in L1 over the next couple of years.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
Nombe is top quality. Pure and simple. Thank goodness we are now playing him and reaping the rewards

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Stockley was great for goals but pretty awful when it comes to holding play up as a hit man. I'd take Sam any day over the two, despite how great a finisher Stockley is. Also, Jayden's goal record is League Two goals and Sam looks very comfortable at this level. So, to answer the question, Jamie Cureton.

Cowshed Grecian

Stockley was great for goals but pretty awful when it comes to holding play up as a hit man. I'd take Sam any day over the two, despite how great a finisher Stockley is. Also, Jayden's goal record is League Two goals and Sam looks very comfortable at this level. So, to answer the question, Jamie Cureton, yeah.
We had Curo when he was already ancient. He was a top level proven goal scorer who had done it at far higher levels in his heyday before he came to us.

Rosencrantz

Stockley was great for goals but pretty awful when it comes to holding play up as a hit man. I'd take Sam any day over the two, despite how great a finisher Stockley is. Also, Jayden's goal record is League Two goals and Sam looks very comfortable at this level. So, to answer the question, Jamie Cureton.
I'm not having that Jayden was awful at holding up play. He was far from it and his link up play was pretty good. He was also the best defender of corners I have ever seen at City for added extra. I love Sam and he still has raw edges that can improve. But Jayden is still the go to striker in the last few years.

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
We had Curo when he was already ancient. He was a top level proven goal scorer who had done it at far higher levels in his heyday before he came to us.
I was talking about Stockley. Cureton was top drawer.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
did he score 40 goals across 2 seasons for us?
Still a class act at our level was Cureton at that time

Reactions: WXF

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Jamie Cureton his movement across the width of the 18 yard box was so clever especially given he was late 30s when he signed from memory….

top drawer player and so very clever.

Stockley was ok, good target man at this level.