• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Salford !!

the dog2

just seen they have sacked Gary Bowyer what a joke , i know its league 2 but what on earth do they want you need stability to be able to build not sacking the manager every 5 minutes!

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
just seen they have sacked Gary Bowyer what a joke , i know its league 2 but what on earth do they want you need stability to be able to build not sacking the manager every 5 minutes!
In fairness he’s had longer than I expected. I believe Michael Appleton is in the frame for the job.

dontpassback

Basket case of a club with owners who think throwing lots on money around will bring them instant success,the only thing guaranteed instant is coffee !

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
1652809265255.jpeg

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
This should be buried in the League Two news thread which of course is no longer our concern 😉

sign of the chimes

To be fair, I suspect the truth is somewhere between what 'Gary see' and what 'Gary do'. If after twelve months you feel you're on a completely different page to a manager then I think the received wisdom 'three transfer windows' argument can go out of the window - particularly if you're not already clogging up the squad with long contracts because you've locked on to a particular recruitment/playing strategy.

However, given Salford's consistently poor record in recruitment I think perhaps Gary needs to be putting his hands up and letting others who've not been involved before now decide on who they should get in as manager.

Grecian_Matt

Tisdale is available...
He should be able to build something over 3/4 years and get them promoted.

Grecian_in_Plymouth

My worry is that they may come in for King Matty Taylor as their new manager

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
My worry is that they may come in for King Matty Taylor as their new manager
Don't fret on that score, when and if KMT leaves he will he taking a step up the management ladder not downwards ! :p