• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Salford City v Exeter City Matchday Thread

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
'......i wasn't massively impressed by them (Exeter) compared to, say, Swindon or Forest Green
FGR play Swindon next Saturday. Might be tasty.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Is there.something wrong with.your keyboard.Indy?
No. It's. me.

IndoMike

Yep, it's just a shame that the Class of '92 felt the need to strip the club of its original identity and "rebrand" it as a sort of mini-ManU, to me that's the vanity bit. I also think, as others might have alluded, that perhaps a pity the Neville brothers couldn't have found a way of helping Bury, given their family ties. But as you say, good luck to 'em.
Regarding Bury - it was a basket case. The owner was farking around. And in my opinion the Nevilles had no moral obligation to get involved.
People can do what they want with their money.
Yes, they've upgraded Salford's image, for commercial purposes - the same as most football clubs have three different football shirts. City's alternative shirts have little relationship with our traditional red and white stripes - we do it for commercial reasons.

suffolklad

Once you've started a reply and then decide against posting how the hell do you delete it from the reply box?

dontpassback

Some thoughts from the cavernous abyss that is the Salford fans forum site:

'......i wasn't massively impressed by them (Exeter) compared to, say, Swindon or Forest Green which maybe says a lot about the relative strength of L2.'

'....an Exeter side that looked slightly better than ordinary...'

'The Exeter goalkeeper was a bit too good (lucky?) for my liking.'
We have beaten FGR and matched Swindon,we are second in the table so the Salford &and can make their observations,do I care NO !

IndoMike

Once you've started a reply and then decide against posting how the hell do you delete it from the reply box?
Nobody knows.

IndoMike

We have beaten FGR and matched Swindon,we are second in the table so the Salford &and can make their observations,do I care NO !
The bitterness of a fan whose team has just lost...😅

arthur

Maxted has not had a great season so far, but he deserves the match ball after yesterday's hattrick of world class saves. 2 point blank reaction stops which on any other day would have been goals. It shows what he's got in his locker, if he carries on playing like that Ward will have a hard time getting back into the starting line up.

I even dare our perfectionist resident goalkeeping expert to disagree with this appraisal.
Give me Banks over Bonetti every time...

IndoMike

Give me Banks over Bonetti every time...
Can't think there's a single football fan who would disagree with that. Banks was strong in all areas whilst Bonetti had his weaknesses. But unfair he was blamed for the defeat v W Germany in the Mexico WC in 1970 because it was considered that Ramsey made a big tactical mistake but he was at fault for at least one of the goals.

andrew p long

What you do issssssxxxwe..damn it...wwewwww

How do I delete this?