• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Salford City v Exeter City Matchday Thread

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
I
P.s. context and the alternatives are also important. We will get around 4,000 for the visit of Walsall on Saturday but approaching 6,000 for Newport five days later. At exactly the same prices.
I was hoping for 6.5k v Newport. Is that out of the question?

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
It is a difficult balance.
The advantage of cheaper tickets also includes attracting new fans who might stay with/become attached to the club for the long term, not just for one reduced ticket price match.
I agree with it being a tough one. As JW says there's hardly any advantage financially in reducing prices to try to increase footfall and, as you say, it's better to have more punters in.

Glad I don't have to decide.

IndoMike

I agree with it being a tough one. As JW says there's hardly any advantage financially in reducing prices to try to increase footfall and, as you say, it's better to have more punters in.

Glad I don't have to decide.
Yep. Tricky.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
I was hoping for 6.5k v Newport. Is that out of the question?
No, but it'll presumably depend on PotD numbers on the BB and how many Newport bring. A big victory v. Walsall, Swindon losing at the Vegans on Saturday and other results going our way would help...

Last year we had 5,974 on Boxing Day including 596 from Yeovil, who were of course struggling. Newport only brought 332 but the away terrace was not open.

I see half of Block A has now been added and should be enough for seated demand.

Red Devon

Maybe 400 but can’t see Newport bringing many more....not being a local derby, slump in form and 110 miles each way on Boxing Day isn’t that appealing really.

IndoMike

No, but it'll presumably depend on PotD numbers on the BB and how many Newport bring. A big victory v. Walsall, Swindon losing at the Vegans on Saturday and other results going our way would help...

Last year we had 5,974 on Boxing Day including 596 from Yeovil, who were of course struggling. Newport only brought 332 but the away terrace was not open.

I see half of Block A has now been added and should be enough for seated demand.
Ok. So I can see why you say 6k.