• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Salford City v Exeter City discussion thread

Legohead

Banned
So because they can afford good players they don't deserve to be in the EFL?
If a local entrepreneur invested in ECFC and the money helped us to reach the Championship, would that make us plastic and would you be upset because we'd bought our way up?
Yes. Got it in one.

Legohead

Banned
I started supporting Exeter purely because of the Trust model. If ever that changed i'd reconsider whether I wanted to carry on supporting.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
I started supporting Exeter purely because of the Trust model. If ever that changed i'd reconsider whether I wanted to carry on supporting.
Fair enough. I started supporting Exeter because they're my local side and I love football. I like the fact that we appear to have a sustainable and relatively unique model but its not the reason I support City. Regardless of who owns and invests in the club, I'll always be a fan.

GrecianExile

This game worries me purely because of the efforts of Northampton and the travelling and extra time of Tuesday. However I’m still going for a 2-1 win with Fisher and Aaron Martin to score

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think we'll grind out a draw. Matt won't let them use tiredness as an excuse and the boys will battle out a nil-nil or a one-one for another precious point. Big Nige MoM.

Another week closer to having Ajose back.

Corey

1-0 Loss. A Maxted mistake results in their only goal late in the game. Bowman hits the bar from six yards out

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
1-0 Loss. A Maxted mistake results in their only goal late in the game. Bowman hits the bar from six yards out
The mistake yes, but hitting the bar really, that means he is getting closer to making the goalie save it.

Avening Posse

Very well known Exeweb poster
I am expecting a tough outing. Would be very happy with a draw and a win I will see as a very big bonus. All this coach trips to Hartlepool (and losing) must be tiring and a big downer, takes balls to immediately bounce back

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
An up and coming young journo's thoughts.

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Happy to get a draw.

It’s going to be tough after that 120 minute slog on Tuesday evening.

The Grecians need to get that dreadful performance out of their system.