• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Salford City v Exeter City discussion thread

budegrecian

Obviously the big question for Saturday is who plays on the left with no Woody or Sparkes available. Do we make a certain Exeweb poster happy and play WIlliams on the left and Richardson on the right? Do we re-recall Hartridge from Bath and stick him at left-back? Dare we play Deano at left-back for a whole game given how bafflingly poor he has looked whenever he has played there recently?
I fear Williams could well be out injured, so we will need a complete re think on how we line up.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think injuries / suspensions will mean we have to give youth a chance which, IMO, is not a bad thing given that most of them grew up together, know each others games inside out and we can provide experience around them.
Don't think Deano is quick enough to play at LB these days so would recall Hartridge there and would like to see Seymour start with either Bowman (if fit) or Fisher.
Would also recall Randall to be on bench as he played so well alongside Seymour in game v Hammers. Other plus is that he can play in midfield if we are stuck there plus he is a natural finisher from what I've seen so far.
MJ should start too.
To all Grecians travelling - safe trip, sing your hearts out for our boys & show all L2 clubs what being a fan of a fan owned club means to us all. UTC

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
How about
Visser
Sweeney Martin A Parkes Moxey
Taylor Atangana Collins
Jay
Fisher Seymour

Subs
Maxted Richardson Hartridge Ajose Bowman Law Martin L
Possibly the same eleven , but in our 3-5-2 formation with Jay and Moxey as wing backs.

Red Devon

Wouldn’t panic over last nights result....keep the team as close to last Saturdays line up as possible as injuries and suspensions allow.

IndoMike

Visser
________
Sweeney
Martin
Moxey
Parkes
---------------
Taylor
Antagana
Collins
Williams (Left wing !)
-----------------
Seymour
Fisher

Jake can play right wing.
If Williams not available have to play Lee Martin left wing.
Not Moxey left back unless their right wing
is guaranteed to be carp.
Wouldn't mind Randall getting a run-out.

Legohead

Banned
Seymour and Fisher to start. Give them an opportunity to see how they get on.

IndoMike

And take direct corners! With Sweeny, Moxey, Parkes, Martin, Atangana and Fisher we have the height. We're a big team now : use that!

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Please beat them because they are a plastic club and I dislike some of their owners. :D
Why are they plastic and what exactly does that mean?

Do you dislike them because some local people who are very successful ex professional footballers have a stake in the ownership?

It their club, where I beleive all apart from Beckham grew up. I just don't understand the hatred.

Not every club has to have the same model as us to stop them from being 'plastic'

Legohead

Banned
Err Rooney from Aberdeen. How much are they paying him?

Different models are fine, buying their way to the EFL isn't

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Err Rooney from Aberdeen. How much are they paying him?

Different models are fine, buying their way to the EFL isn't
So because they can afford good players they don't deserve to be in the EFL?
If a local entrepreneur invested in ECFC and the money helped us to reach the Championship, would that make us plastic and would you be upset because we'd bought our way up?

Last edited: