• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Sad News

St George

Top lad, will be sadly missed. Rip Dom.

axred

Very sad news indeed , R I P Dom you will be so badly missed by everyone who knew you

papillon

Devastating. A really great chap. RIP Dom so glad I have lots of brilliant memories.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Saw this on Facebook earlier, and was stunned. I knew he had been ill a couple of months back including a lengthy stay in hospital, but had no idea he was back in a bad way recently.

Top man, one of the most friendly guys I have ever had the pleasure of meeting, a fellow Cricketer too which always gave us plenty to talk about whenever we met up.

RIP, and best wishes and condolences to Rachael and all Dom's family and friends.

wiveygrecian

What sad news. How did he die?
From liver failure i believe.
RIP Dom, your were a top bloke

exeweb

Administrator
Very sad news. A top man and City through and through.

RIP Dominic. Up the City.

Poultice

Very well known Exeweb poster
It's only when you become an old 'un that you realise that 43 is no age at all, my sincere condolences to his family, I didn't know the chap but City is a shared experience which binds many of us disparate souls together in a common purpose, close friend or unknown ally in the trials of an away game, you will be missed.

RIP

LammieLammieLammie

Very well known Exeweb poster
Poult is right. Dom was a top bloke, who was always right in the middle of all things City.

I remember the table football set that him and Rach bought for the lads that were living in King William Street a couple of years ago, Matt, Neil and George.

I remember that when Neil Saunders scored that late belter of a free kick in a L2 game (winner v Aldershot?), he ran straight to Dom and Rach, who sponsored him.

I remember that when Fullsy and I did the player intros each year at various places, he was always on his feet applauding and cheering each player.

I remember his passion for City at away games, where you get to see familiar faces, but most of all I remember his big beaming smile whenever we won.

RIP mate, you'll be missed.

older-codger

Can't say that I would have been able to put a face to the name but it's a name that cropped everywhere in relation to ECFC. I must have seen him at away games but unfortunately, never to speak with.

As Poults says, when you reach the age I am you realise how young 43 is and how much of his life he will miss. RIP

citysfinest

The big powers have silenced me. So much for free
It's only when you become an old 'un that you realise that 43 is no age at all, my sincere condolences to his family, I didn't know the chap but City is a shared experience which binds many of us disparate souls together in a common purpose, close friend or unknown ally in the trials of an away game, you will be missed.

RIP
Agree with this. Didnt know him but we are all city supporters and always put differences aside to come together in these unfortunate times.
Rest in peace.