• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ryan Who?ley

harley is talented enough to make it in the premership, he just needs to be given a chance, if not we'll have him back please swansea.

I don't think people quite get it. Swansea are too good for Ryan at the moment, the team they had even when they were in the Championship would not have fitted Ryan. Ryan is a very good player but you cannot expect him to come straight up from league 1 and play straight in the Premiership ?

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
I don't think people quite get it. Swansea are too good for Ryan at the moment, the team they had even when they were in the Championship would not have fitted Ryan. Ryan is a very good player but you cannot expect him to come straight up from league 1 and play straight in the Premiership ?
I know, nobody has made the step up before.

Why would they sign him then?

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster

This thread is going round in circles (I know, not the first time...).

Many of you said that he would play in the playoffs even though he didnt even make the bench. I bet you £10 for ECFC trust he will not play in any of the first 10 games .

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
I'll forgive you for that insulting comment this time, as it clearly means you accept that you have lost the argument.
Not really as I had no argument with what you said just my own point of view. My only quiry with anybody, not particularly you, is why they are mentioning players that were arriving that were of no direct competition to him (defenders, wingers and a striker) whilst maintaining my belief that Swansea could do worse than to have Ryan in the swuad for the reasons I'd previously mentioned.
My only quibble with you is the use of two players with regards this sentiment theory you're running with to compare them to the situation Harley is in. Both have been completely f*%$ed for the last two seasons and it is nothing more than common sense and sound business management that they had been released, I doubt even the most sentimental old fool would have kept them on, whereas Ryan is fit and available with any recent injury worth shouting about.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
As I said, going round in circles.

We should probably all now wait until Swansea announce their 25 man squad - likely to be 3 keepers, 8 defenders, 8 midfielders and 6 attackers if other clubs are a guide. Hope there is room for SRH.

Red Monster

Swansea haven't announced there 25 player squad yet but Ryan doesn't even seem
to be on there OS player profile so doesn't have a shirt number.

http://www.swanseacity.net/page/ProfilesDetail/0,,10354,00.html

OfficialECFC

Swansea haven't announced there 25 player squad yet but Ryan doesn't even seem
to be on there OS player profile so doesn't have a shirt number.

http://www.swanseacity.net/page/ProfilesDetail/0,,10354,00.html
Player profiles have to be set up separately and are quite time consuming but he's certainly got his own squad number: http://www.swanseacity.net/page/Latest/0,,10354~2395234,00.html

IBA

No Ryan Harley appearance in the Swans 1-0 vitory over Real Betis, yesterday

They're obviously saving him for the League Proper!