• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ryan Harley

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Players always follow managers (who in turn always sign players they know). It has gone on since the dawn of time, not sure why we're surprised that Tisdale has sought to sign up two of his more favoured players from his long tenure here.

Good luck to Ryan, and thanks for all he has done in a City shirt, this one doesn't stick in my craw like the JMT transfer though.

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Gutted. Behind Kellow, probably my favourite City player. On his day he could do things and see things that no other City player could. He had more big individual moments than any City player I can remember. Torquay in the play-offs twice (the goal and it was his pass that put Logan away to be upended in the box), the double against Leeds especially the second one (who else could wrong foot a keeper from 20 odd yards out), that goal against Huddersfield that kept us up, the goal against Arggigle a couple of seasons back where he didn't just the Argiggle defence not knowing which way they were going but the entire Devonport End and finally the goal against Lincoln. No doubt there will be others that will spring to mind later. Maybe he wasn't as good the second time around but if something big was needed you still rely on Ryan to pull something out of the hat.

Colesman Ballz

Oh dear GeoffWP may be in tears, given that he appears to have a bit of a man crush on him ! ;)

Dubai Grecian

Does anyone have an up to date contracted players summary?

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Hes staying. Troy Browns absence from any training pics is concerning though
The training pics issued just now feature Troy Brown.

Exe on Valdez

Sorry to see Harley leave. He would be in my all time City XI. However, it is all in the timing and of late he has not consistently delivered. He may have been in and out of our new line-up, whereas Tisdale will most likely persist with him.

Law of diminishing returns, or something like that. At the same time, it is a bit like the end of an era, but times were changing anyway so it could be for the best.

ecfc-boy

Harley was a class player. Was played in wrong position 2nd time round. But not too sad to c him go never got enough games due to always having Xmas off

Last edited:

iscalad

Sorry to see Harley leave. He would be in my all time City XI. However, it is all in the timing and of late he has not consistently delivered. He may have been in and out of our new line-up, whereas Tisdale will most likely persist with him.

Law of diminishing returns, or something like that. At the same time, it is a bit like the end of an era, but times were changing anyway so it could be for the best.
Me too. Still he's 33 now which is getting on a bit for a midfielder. Seems we just let him go for nothing, which I don't have a problem with. He scored some memorable goals for us. I wish him all the best.

rifraf

More budget free for a new player - he would have been one of the higher paid players I guess.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
If Tisdale plays him in the right position he could do well, if Tisdale persists with how he utilised him in recent seasons (playing him wide on the left or too deep) it will be a waste of time.

It would have been interesting to see how Taylor utilised him but perhaps he wasn't a major part of his plans.

Harley did an interview for MK Dons saying he liked to get forward and score goals, sadly we rarely saw this is recent years.

Last edited: