• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ryan Harley at the game yesterday?

Sarcy Sid

Perhaps we should start a petition 'Harley In'!!

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
"he is lazy"
"he stands around on the ball for ages"
"he never puts in a tackle"
"he runs slower than I can walk"

etc etc

TM exeweb circa 2009

Sarcy Sid

"he is lazy"
"he stands around on the ball for ages"
"he never puts in a tackle"
"he runs slower than I can walk"

etc etc

TM exeweb circa 2009
Which is probably why he has played hardly any competitive football since leaving SJP. Don't think we need him at the moment but if Grimes did go things may be different.

ALOTBSOL

Is there a reason why Grimes should leave in January (money-wise) and not at the end of the season? What's his contract? (excuse my ignorance)
I'm not entirely sure, but I believe Grimes is only contracted until the end of the season. Obviously we'd pick up compensation if he moved on after that, but I'd suggest we could probably get more for him while he's still in contract.

Personally wouldn't mind seeing Ryan back- The amount of goals he tends to get at this level combined with out new front line bagging a few, and hopefully a few more free kicks from Grimes, could actually be enough to take us back in the direction of league 1. Although I will admit that he doesn't seem to be as needed as he seemed like he would be at the start of the season.

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm not entirely sure, but I believe Grimes is only contracted until the end of the season. Obviously we'd pick up compensation if he moved on after that, but I'd suggest we could probably get more for him while he's still in contract.

Personally wouldn't mind seeing Ryan back- The amount of goals he tends to get at this level combined with out new front line bagging a few, and hopefully a few more free kicks from Grimes, could actually be enough to take us back in the direction of league 1. Although I will admit that he doesn't seem to be as needed as he seemed like he would be at the start of the season.
Thanks for that.

Even though tribunals offer compensation, I'm sure (like you) we'd get more for him if we have him under contract beyond the end of the season so I would love to think we have tied him down for longer, and would therefore be able to keep him until the end of the season instead of seeing him in Jan. Harley is a gamble by comparison, even though he was my favourite ever City player and the second most exciting to watch I've ever seen (Christian Roberts was the most).

Who thinks they could actually play together? Harley has a very good weaker (left) foot and might drift out wide a bit, while Grimes is capable enough defensively in midfield as I understand it so we don't get too caught out with too many playmakers not tracking.

We're probably getting ahead of ourselves - as always.

Scotty

How much would he cost in wages? Could we create a fund to get him until the end of the season? Might take a while for him to get back to match fitness, but he'd be there ready when/if Grimes goes in January.
Not only do the players gain positivity from a win, it's spread to here as well, whatever next!

Paul I am hugely impressed with this sensible suggestion, it shows common sense, leadership and support.

Perhaps we can now use this as a step to generating the necessary ideas or platform in securing some positive news, that the signing of SRH would be.

Well done again

OxfordshireGrecian

It's a shame we got Noble back in so quickly, I'd would rather have Harley any day of the week.

Surely there's a deal to be done, Swindon obviously don't want him and are presumably paying his wages anyway.

Shabba

Well-known Exeweb poster
Can we not send Noble back?

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Is there a reason why Grimes should leave in January (money-wise) and not at the end of the season? What's his contract? (excuse my ignorance)
The reason is that the club has no money and the downturn in attendances means we will shortly be running cap in hand to the Football league again for another loan.

We may just be able to survive until January, where we sell Grimes and/or Pym and the the club can survive again for a while longer.

I clubs future is dependent on selling our players. The finacial position really is that critical and I think people sometimes don't realise just how bad things are financially.

memoman

Well-known Exeweb poster
What would Harley be on at Swindon? I would guess at around £2000 a week, possibly more. Unless he takes a big cut in wages or Swindon let us pay only half to go on loan, it doesn't look likely at present. That could change if Grimes is sold in January, though.