• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ryan Bowman..... (to Shrewsbury)

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Would you start him ?

Yes or no ?

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Maybe

STURTZ

The way Matt Taylor wants to set the side with a target man to try and hold the ball up then I'd choose Bowman over Fisher but I'm mindful of the fact that I got into trouble with TPC for suggesting that both were not all that good pre season.

fred binneys head

Definitely

grecIAN Harris

Yes. I just wish he had a partner to work with him that would make his work rate and effort worth while. I'm not a great lover of one up front at the best of times and even less so with inverted wingers (see Randell Williams if you want a description). If we had proper wingers, ie playing down the side of the preferred foot, Bowman would score shedloads (even allowing for the shedloads he'd probably miss).

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Greasy,

If you played someone alongside Bowman who would it be and also what would your midfield look like.

Taylor clearly doesn't play with two out and out strikers as he feels our midfield two wouldn't be able to cope hence why he has Jay or Law helping them out.

STURTZ

You could supply Bowman with perfect crosses all day but he'd still struggle to hit the target.

Coppers

Did some good defensive work today clearing a few crosses at the near post. Yes I know he is there to score goals!

Colesman Ballz

Would you start him ?

Yes or no ?
You seem to be suffering with an obsession over our star striker with the multitasking buttocks Chap ! With his perfectly good own thread on WOWS why else would you feel the need to start another ? :unsure:

grecIAN Harris

Greasy,

If you played someone alongside Bowman who would it be and also what would your midfield look like.

Taylor clearly doesn't play with two out and out strikers as he feels our midfield two wouldn't be able to cope hence why he has Jay or Law helping them out.
I'd go back to the system we were playing last season, 3-5-2 and have Ajose or Seymour playing with Bowman. Bowman's physicality and work rate would create space that either of the latter could exploit and the width would be provided that any of the three should get a decent service from wider areas. It would also allow for the extra midfielder that Matt craves.