• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ryan Bowman..... (to Shrewsbury)

Average Joe

I only wish we'd have seen enough of him to work that out. Would love him to have a chance. MT obviously sees him in training so we must trust that Ajose just is not good enough. Shame as he's most likely to be paid well

Grecianpasty

I only wish we'd have seen enough of him to work that out. Would love him to have a chance. MT obviously sees him in training so we must trust that Ajose just is not good enough. Shame as he's most likely to be paid well
That's part of my problem with him. He's taking a big wedge to do nothing. I'd love nothing more than to be proven wrong, but I think there's more chance of Parkes going into double figures for the season - only 9 to go!

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
I have nothing against him personally. He's just a terrible footballer
He's not a terrible footballer, far from it, his career shows he has some quality, it just hasn't worked out for him here.

Grecianpasty

He's not a terrible footballer, far from it, his career shows he has some quality, it just hasn't worked out for him here.
He might have been then, but he ain't anymore.

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
In that system where are you playing Randall or Williams ??
I probably wouldn't, particularly Williams, I would go with Sparkes and Key.

grecIAN Harris

I have nothing against him personally. He's just a terrible footballer
You really have no idea what a terrible footballer looks like then. If you're old enough you would have seen far, far, far worse in a City shirt.

Red Monster

I think without Bowman we are weak. I have always said he is what we have not had since Steve Flack. He's formidable in the air and has no issue getting stuck in. I don't think there is any defender in the league who could intimidate Ryan and this is what we need especially with playing youth who often get intimidated.

Find our oppositions most furious defender and give RB the job of wearing him down and you won't go far wrong.

Ryan also finished 3rd in league two's top scorers last year. Stockley finished 5th the year before. It's been a long long time since we have had a striker in the top 3.

Ryan Bowman is the real deal up top, maybe not for out and out goal scoring but for helping every one around and chipping in with a goal or two. We'd be silly not to play him
I think without Bowman we are weak. I have always said he is what we have not had since Steve Flack. He's formidable in the air and has no issue getting stuck in. I don't think there is any defender in the league who could intimidate Ryan and this is what we need especially with playing youth who often get intimidated.

Find our oppositions most furious defender and give RB the job of wearing him down and you won't go far wrong.

Ryan also finished 3rd in league two's top scorers last year. Stockley finished 5th the year before. It's been a long long time since we have had a striker in the top 3.

Ryan Bowman is the real deal up top, maybe not for out and out goal scoring but for helping every one around and chipping in with a goal or two. We'd be silly not to play him
You’re a bit OTT.
Bowman works really hard for the team ,but saying he’s formidable
in the air is clearly not true he doesn’t get off the ground
most of the time and a lot mistimed headers.
Stockley was really good in both boxes and was much superior
in the air to RB.
As for Stockley being only 5th he played his last game for us that
season on December 28th.

Average Joe

Has it not worked out for him, or has it not worked out for Matt Taylor?

As fans we deserve an answer to exactly what's going on, I don't believe it's down to ability

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Ajose’s stats for us don’t look bad. 6 goals in 18 appearances, 4 in the trophy but he can only play in the games he is picked for. I am assuming his attitude in training hasn’t been good, but would have hoped he would have at least been used in rotation.

i would like to see Bowman play and ideally don’t want us playing one up front but can’t say I can agree on a definitive best starting eleven. Think Bowman offers more in general than Fisher, don’t think we are good enough in the rest of the team to play Ajose and Seymour together.

if we go back to 352 difficult to fit sparkes, key, Randall and Williams into that. My thoughts don’t really help to answer the question. I guess as long as we keep picking up points, even if we aren’t playing fantastically then it’s difficult to criticise it that strongly. I would in general prefer us to make use of our three subs regularly and earlier than we often do, but again we didnt do that today and still won.

Grecianpasty

You really have no idea what a terrible footballer looks like then. If you're old enough you would have seen far, far, far worse in a City shirt.
It's circumstantial. He's obviously not terrible, but given his pedigree of scoring goals elsewhere and the massive hype there was when he arrived, the guy has done sweet F A.

He should be ashamed of himself for the way carries himself and continues to steal a living.

Whereas the likes of Sweeney picks himself up, fights for his place and keeps it. Ajose has never done that.