• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ryan Bowman..... (to Shrewsbury)

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
You seem to be suffering with an obsession over our star striker with the multitasking buttocks Chap ! With his perfectly good own thread on WOWS why else would you feel the need to start another ? :unsure:
It's a simple thread Ballz, start him or not, what are you saying ?

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'd go back to the system we were playing last season, 3-5-2 and have Ajose or Seymour playing with Bowman. Bowman's physicality and work rate would create space that either of the latter could exploit and the width would be provided that any of the three should get a decent service from wider areas. It would also allow for the extra midfielder that Matt craves.
In that system where are you playing Randall or Williams ??

Average Joe

I think without Bowman we are weak. I have always said he is what we have not had since Steve Flack. He's formidable in the air and has no issue getting stuck in. I don't think there is any defender in the league who could intimidate Ryan and this is what we need especially with playing youth who often get intimidated.

Find our oppositions most furious defender and give RB the job of wearing him down and you won't go far wrong.

Ryan also finished 3rd in league two's top scorers last year. Stockley finished 5th the year before. It's been a long long time since we have had a striker in the top 3.

Ryan Bowman is the real deal up top, maybe not for out and out goal scoring but for helping every one around and chipping in with a goal or two. We'd be silly not to play him

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Never sure where this "formidable in the air" nonsense comes from, think poeple mix up tallness with an ability to strike the ball with head and send the ball a preordained direction.

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yes,but with a strike partner. He doesn't know who is going to closest to him from one minute to the next.

Average Joe

Never sure where this "formidable in the air" nonsense comes from, think poeple mix up tallness with an ability to strike the ball with head and send the ball a preordained direction.
I woulkdn't actually say his accuracy from heading a ball is amazing. However he's up there with defending corners for us and knocking on from a corner.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yes as is! He occupies their defence and becomes an enabler, with no other option (Fisher :ROFLMAO:) a defo yes

Grecianpasty

As long as any one striker is keeping ajose out of the team I'm happy.

Average Joe

As long as any one striker is keeping ajose out of the team I'm happy.
Why, what do you have against Ajose? No one apart from MT knows what's going on.

Grecianpasty

Why, what do you have against Ajose? No one apart from MT knows what's going on.
I have nothing against him personally. He's just a terrible footballer